100% happy with my clear bra installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 07:23 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 100% happy with my clear bra installation

I know there has been quite a debate over the merits of clear bra type products. If you have checked the posts, you have seen some poorly done installations. I did my homework, found what was recommended to me as the best shop to install clear bras in southern ca. I got my ft bumper done only(yes, i am so picky, I did not want a edge going accross my hood).

I checked out RodH's clear bra installation (good job) seen ones posted (unacceptable), thus i had something to based my job. I can say that therte is absolutely not one bubble or flaw. I am 100% happy. for those of you concerned about this product, in my mind, it is the installer that is the issue.

If you are in this area, I recommend Endre of Envisage design labs, (310) 787-7544 e-mail them at edl@envisagedesignlabs.com They are in Torrance Ca. Yes, i drove 1.5 hours to have them install it but opted to have it done right rather than someone within 20 minutes of my house.

You can contact them for a recommendation for an installer near you. They have been in the business longer than anyone in Ca. so they know good installers around the country.

Here are some pics of the install....Jeff

Last edited by zland; 06-05-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:27 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

They use several different sprays during the installation process. He claims that there should never be any bubbles etc on any installation. They warranty their product so you have a money back policy within 60 days, in otherwords, if you do not like the install or product within 60 days, money back, no questions. Hopefully, if you are on the fence on this product, that should take the fear out of going with it.

Old 05-19-2003, 07:34 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

They have all the common patterns for you to choose from and even do custom modifications if you like. There happen to be another SS 350Z getting an install done while i was there, he job was done and looked perfect as well which helped ease my concerns. Trust me, I am picky with my Z so if you do not like this work, you better not even drive your Z on the road because one chip would drive you nuts. There are a lot of people that so quality work, i am just letting you Z owners knows of one person that does excellent work.

Endre's biggest concern is that people that are getting clear bras installed by inexperienced installers are unhappy and think Clear bra is a poor product but infact it is only as good as the installers work. Do not get a window tinter to do this work, it is not the same. Think of applying a clear bra like apply paint in that no matter what type/quality paint you get, it will only come out as good as the painters skills.

I hope this ends the clear bra debate. Basically, great product with good installer, not acceptable with unskilled installer....Jeff

Old 05-12-2004, 04:17 PM
amf813

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you tell its on there? What did it cost you?
Old 05-12-2004, 04:24 PM
MonkeyBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you post a pic of it in the sunlight? Thanks!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:58 PM
ZDreamZ

yea, how much did it cost? Must get one after I repaint my bumper and hood, dam sand trucks. Thanx
Old 05-12-2004, 05:31 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I gave you guys the phone number, call them up for an estimate. Cant see it except for edge if you look really hard. I am picky and it is acceptable to me.

Jeff
Old 05-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Tim'sZ

Yea, I had the full 3M kit put on mine, the hood does have that one defining line where it ends but it has kept me from getting chips on the hood and has not hurt me in car shows. You are right about going to a shop that knows what they are doing because I have seen some that look like orange peal and have stretch marks on them. In fact I actually bought 2 kits just in case the 1st one got messed up so if someone wants to buy a full 3M kit I will sell mine for a lot less than you can buy it for anywhere else. It has the front nose piece, hood piece, mirrors, headlights and fender pieces and it is the 3M kit. If interested just PM me

Thanks for the review on the invisible film.

Last edited by Tim'sZ; 05-13-2004 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:37 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I personally did not get the hood film because of the seam. As I said, I am picky. Some of you might like the added protection if you can live with the open seam accross the hood. The other seams match the body panel connections thus not as evident to me.

I might end of regretting the loss of protection on the hood area. At this point I got over 7000 miles without a blemish in that area. I can see where the film on the front bumber has saved me many times.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:01 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the hood done on mine along with the front bumper and mirrors. You have to be in the right lighting and pretty close to my car to see the line. Like you, I am VERY picky. The guy that did mine did an awesome job. I drove 4 hours to have it done by this guy. Well worth the drive IMO.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:43 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Trubluz:

Let me hi-jack my own thread. What type of FI are you thinking of going with?

Jeff - zland