Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

P.I.T.A mod--but worth it

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Mr Fairlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P.I.T.A mod--but worth it

Well,..just got done w/ my new mod------its hard as hell to cut the plastic "cubbie hole" to make the BOSE panel fit---but everything else is "cake"
I know you've seen it before!
Attached Thumbnails P.I.T.A mod--but worth it-im000075.jpg  
Old 04-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Mr Fairlady

pic #2
Attached Thumbnails P.I.T.A mod--but worth it-im000076.jpg  
Old 04-15-2003, 09:54 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you dynomat it or whaT??

how does it sound??

what do you mean about cutting the Hole???? what did you have to cut??
Old 04-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Mr Fairlady

Well,.its late so I didn't get to test the Knock---but either way--my original Set up(1 10") wasn't like Stunna bumpin Masta P ****---but was tight and punchy--Perfect for what I listen to(Metal,Techno, etc)
No,..no dynamt--Wish I would have but--not a big deal to me although it would help ALOT! it sounded straight when I turned it up a tad--just a little more bass--I also replaced my factory Rears w/ Kennwoods(when I put the first 10 in)So it mixes well!!!Factory Rear speaks SUCK!!!!

As far as drilling-----the Cubbie side dosen't have the cut outs(squares) for the Bose Panel clips(that hold it in)--so you have to drill/Dremel out holes in to the main Rear plastic to pop the Bose panel on---that was a pain in the ***!!!

Taking off the the plastic wasn't too bad---but drilling the speaker and holes was the WORST!

I'm sure it will sound great---w/ 1 10" it sounded Smooth!!

They are Rockford Fosgate 10" HE's--one day--it would be awesome to make an actual speaker box to attach to the Metal panel that holds the speaker itself and man,..that would be the best!!!

Courtesy Parts sells the Metal panel and the BOSE as you know! Metal part was $25 and BOSE was like $6---got the first 10 for $104 and Friend @ BEST Buy got the new one for $50!!!! all in all---for the price---Perfect for me--I'm not really into CRAZy Stereo's ana all types of Speaker replacing--too much money for just a car for Stereo!Rather spend it on Performance Mods'!! THANX!!
Old 04-16-2003, 10:08 AM
6DuDe9

Hey, looks good. I am looking on Courtesy Parts and can't find the metal panel, can you post a direct link to it, Thanks.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:51 PM
Mr Fairlady

There is no link--you have to call and order it!

I had the last one--so they might or might not have any right this sec,...but probably do!

Thanx!
Old 04-17-2003, 03:06 AM
tonkadog

are you saving the pieces for the 'cubby hole' (the rear bracket, the cubby hole, the door)? - if not, I might be interested in them - let me know...
Old 04-17-2003, 03:15 PM
Mr Fairlady

are you saving the pieces for the 'cubby hole' (the rear bracket, the cubby hole, the door)? - if not, I might be interested in them - let me know...
hmmm...well,.I'm not sure--if I ever get rid of this car--I'd hate to pay $$$$ for all that stuff again---but maybe--I'll get back to ya
Lemme think about it.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:13 PM
rodH

do the HE speakers fit right in (no modification with the metal plate)??? I am planning on getting a 10" HE2 to replace the bose (along with teh rest of the system).

After a few days of listening, what are your thoughts, I might want to use that space (just the 1 side) and dynomat the HELL out of it and put the 1 HE2 in htere

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
Well,.its late so I didn't get to test the Knock---but either way--my original Set up(1 10") wasn't like Stunna bumpin Masta P ****---but was tight and punchy--Perfect for what I listen to(Metal,Techno, etc)
No,..no dynamt--Wish I would have but--not a big deal to me although it would help ALOT! it sounded straight when I turned it up a tad--just a little more bass--I also replaced my factory Rears w/ Kennwoods(when I put the first 10 in)So it mixes well!!!Factory Rear speaks SUCK!!!!

As far as drilling-----the Cubbie side dosen't have the cut outs(squares) for the Bose Panel clips(that hold it in)--so you have to drill/Dremel out holes in to the main Rear plastic to pop the Bose panel on---that was a pain in the ***!!!

Taking off the the plastic wasn't too bad---but drilling the speaker and holes was the WORST!

I'm sure it will sound great---w/ 1 10" it sounded Smooth!!

They are Rockford Fosgate 10" HE's--one day--it would be awesome to make an actual speaker box to attach to the Metal panel that holds the speaker itself and man,..that would be the best!!!

Courtesy Parts sells the Metal panel and the BOSE as you know! Metal part was $25 and BOSE was like $6---got the first 10 for $104 and Friend @ BEST Buy got the new one for $50!!!! all in all---for the price---Perfect for me--I'm not really into CRAZy Stereo's ana all types of Speaker replacing--too much money for just a car for Stereo!Rather spend it on Performance Mods'!! THANX!!
Old 04-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Mr Fairlady

I would have really liked to dynamat it,..but later when I have nothing to do---I rip it all back out and make a speaker box around the metal panels---thats probably the best way---It sounds GREAT for the kind of music I listen to--and I can say its not alot of rap(bass songs)--its real tight--but damn Dynamat would only help and a box would probably help resonate!!

Its a pain in the ***--but worth it--now that I've jammed a day or 2 w/ it in---its just pretty much like 2x's more bass then before--so not much else--I didn't get a very stong amp eitehr--(I'm not into stereo's that much)--so that would probbaly bring oput more punch
I wanted Solobaric's,...but one I bought off EBAY didn't even damn work,..luckly the guy gave me my money back!
SO I got the hook up on this last HE(or HE2) I don't know waht it is?so thats pretty much why I did the extra 10" in there

AS far as fitment--you have to just make sure the holes are around the metal--it dosne't just drop right in no problem--you have to line it up sort of--but othe rthen that!! Its cake!

Adn from what I hear about the quality of the BOSE 10--this would be a huge INCREASE!?? But its up to you!!Thanx though!

COLLIN
Old 04-18-2003, 12:09 PM
rodH

Collin, thanx for the help!!

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
I would have really liked to dynamat it,..but later when I have nothing to do---I rip it all back out and make a speaker box around the metal panels---thats probably the best way---It sounds GREAT for the kind of music I listen to--and I can say its not alot of rap(bass songs)--its real tight--but damn Dynamat would only help and a box would probably help resonate!!

Its a pain in the ***--but worth it--now that I've jammed a day or 2 w/ it in---its just pretty much like 2x's more bass then before--so not much else--I didn't get a very stong amp eitehr--(I'm not into stereo's that much)--so that would probbaly bring oput more punch
I wanted Solobaric's,...but one I bought off EBAY didn't even damn work,..luckly the guy gave me my money back!
SO I got the hook up on this last HE(or HE2) I don't know waht it is?so thats pretty much why I did the extra 10" in there

AS far as fitment--you have to just make sure the holes are around the metal--it dosne't just drop right in no problem--you have to line it up sort of--but othe rthen that!! Its cake!

Adn from what I hear about the quality of the BOSE 10--this would be a huge INCREASE!?? But its up to you!!Thanx though!

COLLIN
Old 04-28-2003, 07:28 PM
nissanpower

when and if you listen to rap, how does it sound? I have a fosgate 10" but in a box that fires up against sub enclosure. it tends to rattle some even i have dynomatted.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2003, 07:44 PM
nissanpower

do the bose panels fit ok over the subwoofer? thanks
Old 04-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Mr Fairlady

well...the stock location it has to be trimmed a little bit but the other panel(Glove box side) has to be trimmed ALOT!!! Mine is making a crazy rattle now,..so I gotta go take it back off and cut a little bit more--its a def Pain in the *** mod---but once I get the rattle out--I'll be all good---soon I'll maybe put the JDM Stereo peice for the head unit and replace it w/ a better Unit & also make custom boxes inside The metal panels to make it hit more!!
Old 07-07-2003, 10:34 AM
Taya

Default Ruttling

Collin,

I think I am onto a similar set up, though 1 RF 10", I believe it is the HE2... Should I dynamat the stock location?. the other question I have is, did you add anything into the stock location? how do you fit the enclosure to be as good as you can get it, closer to the required sealed box?. I will power the sub with RF 150S mono..