Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

spx fuel tap

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 02:52 PM
12SecZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by the way don't let others encourage you to post pics cuz dealers watch boards too my warranty is gone at 8k miles so I post with impunity!
Old 01-01-2004, 04:53 PM
belerin

No flames, I am not here to cause trouble.

yes, most of what i do is street race, I would say 80% of the time. I do track the car at least once a month and do not have any issues teching in. I have had several cars with nitrous over the years and all had the nitrous lines inside the car. I never had any trouble,ever, at the track techning in. I had an issue once, because one of my civics was gutted and the tank was in the trunk, but had no backseats so it was accessible to the passenger compartment. The guy who teched me in said since I didn't have a blow down tube, I couldn't run. He told me that you only need a blow down tube if the tank is accessible to the passenger comparment. So i took the tank out. Got on line to race, and put the tank back in. No problems. Then all the other cars that had lines in the car and no blown down tube had no issues teching in, even for official bracket races since I a had seperate trunk like I do in my g35 sedan 6mt.

Oh and back to the street racing thing, if I had a trailor queen, then i could obviously only run it at the track, but if I have a streetable car, damn skippy I am gonna race on the streets. Track racing and street racing as you know are two different things. Its one thing getting your slips and comparing it to other peoples or your own previous ones, but theres nothing like the thrill of side by side competition of 2 or more cars on the streets.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:16 PM
12SecZ

Or a car into a tree killing the innocent passenger like what happened two blocks from me.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:21 PM
12SecZ

You do it your way, I will do it mine and we can stop this right now ok? If you post something dangerous I will check you on it though or just ignore you and let you post bad info, probably the latter is what I will do, in fact after this post that is it from me with you on N20. I'm sure the Mod's will thank me.

We will agree to disagree.

Jeremy was atrack racer and died 2 months ago but he hit a wall, his cancer wasn't related to N20, you missed the point of my post, hitting the wall. When you track your windows are up.

L8tr.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:24 PM
belerin

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Or a car into a tree killing the innocent passenger like what happened two blocks from me.

As you'll see from my reply on that other post were bickering on, its silly for me to continue with this, but you know as well as I, people will continue to street race as long as there are cars. Secondly, you can get killed walking along the steet or doing pretty much anything. Its sad to hear those stories, but you can easily lose control at the track and kill yourself or cross lanes and hit the person next to you, or worse yet flip over the concrete walls into the innocent crowd.

Racing no matter where is dangerous.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:24 PM
12SecZ

Not one person has died at my track. We wear helmets and there are walls and check ins and Paramedics on site etc. There are walls to protect the crowd you are forced to adhere to strict regulations based on your Mods and ET's etc etc etc.

Can you say that for street racing?

I have never even considered taking a hit off a N20 bottle so in hindsite I wonder how I even ended up in a debate with someone who did.

Oh well, at least we disagree politely. Because I am done with the debate.

Don't get me wrong, if I am under safe conditions and an LS1 or Stang revs on me AND THE CONDITIONS ARE SAFE I will hand him my tail lights, but never with N20, never not once. Too risky. I had N20 into the mid 12's and never raced it on the street, too much HP too quickly on a RWD car= dangerous.

L8tr and stay safe.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:01 AM
belerin

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Not one person has died at my track. We wear helmets and there are walls and check ins and Paramedics on site etc. There are walls to protect the crowd you are forced to adhere to strict regulations based on your Mods and ET's etc etc etc.

Can you say that for street racing?

I have never even considered taking a hit off a N20 bottle so in hindsite I wonder how I even ended up in a debate with someone who did.

Oh well, at least we disagree politely. Because I am done with the debate.

Don't get me wrong, if I am under safe conditions and an LS1 or Stang revs on me AND THE CONDITIONS ARE SAFE I will hand him my tail lights, but never with N20, never not once. Too risky. I had N20 into the mid 12's and never raced it on the street, too much HP too quickly on a RWD car= dangerous.

L8tr and stay safe.
Sounds like you got off the nitrous..... what are you running now if you don't mind me asking, supercharger/tt or NA?
Old 01-02-2004, 12:35 PM
12SecZ

SCer, Yeah I got tired of filling the bottles. I would undo the mounts, then the bottle opener with a tiny allen wrench then the heater then go to the fill then ; reverse everything I just did after plopping down 40 bucks. That was good for just one track night with my jettings and a couple purges for show.

I did N/A for awhile, all have been fun. Sometimes I miss it.
Pfffttt,,,, Pfftttttt.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:21 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where can I get one of these SPX fittings? I have a fuel pressure sender I need to install and this seems like the perfect solution. Anyone?
Old 01-14-2004, 01:34 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bump. Anyone?