North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

The "official" Pre-Golden Gardens caravan thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:53 AM
wasuber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATED -The "official" Pre-Golden Gardens caravan thread

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=230

View post above for maps and "updated" plan. Thanks pacfwu.

List of attendee's / I will update this daily folks
1. wasuber

Who is going? Z's and G's
Who is making maps? Dkorr /pacfwu -plans
Where we meeting? Nothgate Toys R Us
What time? 8 am!
Bring a raincoat!

http://www.northwestnissans.com

Golden Gardens is a park where Nissan enthusiasts meet once a year in March. There is a BBQ (pay) I think its $5 dollars, Or if you are a member of NWN site (pay) I think that its $15 you eat free. Parking is first come first serve.

Last edited by wasuber; 03-13-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:58 AM
pacfwu

1) I know I am
2) Don't need maps. Just need one guy that knows where we are going and I plan on following him.
3) I bet Pat will figure it out
4) Probably super goddamn early for me

Last edited by pacfwu; 02-12-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Mixturepinoy

David made some cool maps last year.. are they still available?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:17 AM
pacfwu

We have go a different route this year because of construction. I guess the winding road down the hill is closed. At least that's what I've heard.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:50 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by Mixturepinoy
David made some cool maps last year.. are they still available?

Last edited by dkorr; 03-07-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:51 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by pacfwu
We have go a different route this year because of construction. I guess the winding road down the hill is closed. At least that's what I've heard.
yeah it is closed for some reason... maybe erosion from global warming...

anyways, we can go in from the 'south side' near the ship canals on Market Street...
Old 02-12-2008, 07:55 AM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by dkorr
OK... I don't have them anymore but I can do it again....

also, please let me know what "amenities" you guys want so I can include that in as well...

we gotta go earlier this time and plan on where to park.... instead of fragmented like last year....

Yeah, Colin and I got screwed on that last year. I say we just all head straight to where the majority of you guys parked.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Mixturepinoy

I agree with David. we should do this one pretty early.. I have a feeling we're going to have more cars than last year. I also think we should book a place for dining ahead of time. last year we had to wait a long time to get a table somewhere.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:07 AM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oregon and SW Washington NWN GG convoy discussion:
https://my350z.com/forum/north-west/335656-oregon-sw-washington-nwn-gg-convoy-discussion.html

Last edited by sno; 02-12-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:08 AM
cersoft

1) I know I am
2) Don't need maps. Just need one guy that knows where we are going and I plan on following him.
3) I bet Pat will figure it out
4) Probably super goddamn early for me
Ditto, I'm just gonna follow Jay ...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:10 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by sno
You WA guys should wait for us OR peeps to show up.
We did... that's why we were late to GG... we were sitting around and had nothing to do except take photos...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:12 AM
pacfwu

Last year we had an early enough start for the pre-meet at Northgate mall ( I think it was something like "meet up about 8, leave about 9"), but the problem was we were waiting on ONE guy to show up. More than 20 of us hangin out waiting for someone. I hate it when that happens. If you have a window of time to be somewhere that's an hour and you can't get there in time, then we shouldn't have to wait for you.

Last year it was my birthday celebration the previous night. I was out until the bars closed, got 4 hours of sleep, was very hungover, and had to drive 100 miles to get to the meet. I was on time.

This year, lets leave when we say we will and not wait for just one damn person. Then we'll have plenty of time.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:13 AM
sno

Originally Posted by dkorr
We did... that's why we were late to GG... we were sitting around and had nothing to do except take photos...
Well, hopefully, the Oregon caravan can meet up early enough so that doesn't happen this year.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 AM
sno

Last year we had an early enough start for the pre-meet at Northgate mall ( I think it was something like "meet up about 8, leave about 9"), but the problem was we were waiting on ONE guy to show up. More than 20 of us hangin out waiting for someone. I hate it when that happens. If you have a window of time to be somewhere that's an hour and you can't get there in time, then we shouldn't have to wait for you.

Last year it was my birthday celebration the previous night. I was out until the bars closed, got 4 hours of sleep, was very hungover, and had to drive 100 miles to get to the meet. I was on time.

This year, lets leave when we say we will and not wait for just one damn person. Then we'll have plenty of time.
I think that's reasonable. Set a time and if you're late, then you miss showing up with everyone else.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:16 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by cersoft
Ditto, I'm just gonna follow Jay ...
we just need a map of pre-caravan meet at Northgate... that's where we can pass out photocopies of route from Northgate to GG (unlikely we'll need it)... we can drive in 'packets' of 6-8 cars so we wont get cut off by traffic light...

also, we should pitch in to fund a banner... "my350z.com" and get stuff printed early this time... I can come up with the artwork if need be...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:20 AM
overZealous1

i'm thinking i am gunna come up a day or 2 early and hang out with some friends, then sunday hit the show.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:21 AM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should we plan on meeting earlier than last year? Seems that each year it gets bigger.

Suggestion: Meet at Northgate at 7:30AM for a quick photoshoot and head out to GG no later than 8:30AM. When we get to GG, let's no even bother to get into the lot where NWN is setting up since that will most likely be filled by that time. We should head to the lot where we ended up parking and take the spots next to the curb w/ our backs facing the water, this way we won't be boxed in 3 cars deep like last time.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:23 AM
wasuber

Originally Posted by drivesolo
Should we plan on meeting earlier than last year? Seems that each year it gets bigger.

Suggestion: Meet at Northgate at 7:30AM for a quick photoshoot and head out to GG no later than 8:30AM. When we get to GG, let's no even bother to get into the lot where NWN is setting up since that will most likely be filled by that time. We should head to the lot where we ended up parking and take the spots next to the curb w/ our backs facing the water, this way we won't be boxed in 3 cars deep like last time.
+1 I think heading to the park first makes more sense, I want my back to the water this time
Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 AM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by drivesolo

Perfect.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 AM
wasuber

I just realized I offered to let one of my friends drive my Titan to the meet so we could do a BBQ for just us Z/G guys and girls(if they exist) Any suggestions to what we want to grill/drink? Also I need a portable BBQ unless there is a better option, I'm thinking full on tailgate party within reason...

Quick Reply: The "official" Pre-Golden Gardens caravan thread