Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

12/2/07: Nissan Performance Festival

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:30 AM
SoCalTed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12/2/07: Nissan Performance Festival

For beginners to experts...if you don't like car shows, then show your go!

Click here for: Nissan Performance Festival

Click here for: 4th Annual Toys for Tots Charity Car Show

Cheers, Ted
Old 10-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Profink

I think I might be heading to this.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Through the cooperation and teamwork of Nissan Sport Magazine, with regional HPDE track day organizers SpeedVentures, Inc., a Nissan Performance Festival is being scheduled for Sunday, December 2nd, at the California Speedway in Fontana, California. And, as Ted notes in his flyer above, there is going to be a lot to this one!

There will be at least three components to the program.

A charity show and shine competition for Nissan and Infiniti cars will be presented by local California car club Team Transport in support of the US Marines and their Toys 4 Tots campaign. This is a really worthwhile event to support one of the best charities around, and TT makes it a regular on their annual program.

But what really makes this different is the "action" part of the program.

A full track day program, oriented for novice drivers with driving school instruction provided, will be offered on the auto competition course at a terrific price (Nissan Sport and TT don't get a penny of the cost, that goes to paying the rent on one of the world's newest and best tracks....which includes not only the infield but the amazing "Roval", the 3100 foot long banked NASCAR straight followed by the banked oval turns 1 and 2! And yes you can drive it yourself in your own car.

And thirdly there will be an autocross event.

There will be sponsor tents from major companies and basically it should be tons of fun.

Registration will be at the links above, and many more details shall be following.

Those persons that are experienced track runners will have the opportunity to run in advanced and intermediate groups. But for the novices, those who have always thought about what it might be like to drive their car on a great road racing course, but were concerned about their skill sets or whether it would be something they could do in their own car......this is a great opportunity. SpeedVentures instructors and enthusisasts in the Nissan/Infiniti community will be on hand to help out, and introduce you to driving a race course in a controlled environment. And at a remarkably low cost, as this is being done in conjunction with raising money for charity, not as a business venture for the magazine or car clubs.

And if you don't want to drive, you can come and watch. You just have to bring a toy, this includes driving participants also...it is for the kids!

Check it out, and sign up early before the spots are gone.

If you wish, the latest issue of Nissan Sport Magazine has a section on driving the track, or you can get a pdf download of the article at www.nissansportmag.com, and there is also a video link so you can get some idea of the experience.

See you out there at the track!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Paulie35th350z

Nice I didnt know there was a nissan event/car show/charity thing goin on too! Thought it was just a speedventures track day. Im signed up to run with the blue group on both days with them. Guess Im gonna bring a toy that day too. Cant wait!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Eagle1

Originally Posted by Paulie35th350z
Nice I didnt know there was a nissan event/car show/charity thing goin on too! Thought it was just a speedventures track day. Im signed up to run with the blue group on both days with them. Guess Im gonna bring a toy that day too. Cant wait!
Paulie:
The Track Day event is "embedded" in the Speedventures program that day.

We are trying to accomplish multiple goals as a team.

First and foremost, we are trying to help out all the children who would not have a holiday present but for the supportive efforts of the community and the US Marines. These events take a huge amount of effort, and not an insignificant amount of cash by the sponsoring car club, to rent the venue, pay the insurance, have the trophies made etc. Typically, they run at a loss and sometimes a serious one of several thousands of dollars, even though a nominal charge is made to the participants and attendees. By "piggybacking" the shine and show event on the Speedventures event, some very significant economies of scale can be achieved. For any club to rent this particular space on their own or as a standalone would be prohibitive. With the support and enthusiasm of Speedventures this venue is being contributed by Speedventures (applause everyone, please!) to help the cause. And make no mistake, the California Speedway venue is one of the most expensive venues in the state, a first class facility.

Second, we are creating a "template" for events that Nissan Sport Mag can replicate at other top rate track venues around the country for Nissan/Infiniti enthusiasts to gather together, enjoy their cars on the show grid and on the track course, or autocross course, and support an important local charity for the community. Hopefully this one will be successful and lead to more.

Third, we are opening up in a friendly and receptive environment the chance for the "newbies" to come and be exposed to motorsport as participants. So many Nissan and Infiniti enthusiasts are interested in the possibility of driving on a track, but are hesitant because they do not want to look silly or not knowledgeable. Well not to worry on this one, because even though you will sit in the same driver lounge as the NASCAR boys.....you will be with people just like you and not a bunch of "hair on fire" rocket jockeys. And best of all, the driving course experience is bargain priced, so you won't get in trouble with the master of the purse for doing it.

Think of all the fun and joy you have had with your experiences starting out with the track outings, writing and sharing those times, and how far you have come in such a short time? And how much anxiety and trepidation at first has been replaced with excitement, and increased skill and confidence. The fact is that there are many more who, given a respectable opportunity to be introduced, could share in that fun. And what Nissan Sport Magazine is doing is working with a seasoned professional track company to offer up this kind of introduction to performance driving instruction.

We think it should be a cool deal. What we are hoping is that we are correct, and that we will get at least 25 newcomers to sign up and take the experience.

And get a LOT of toys for the young children.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Eagle1

Smile

I was out of the loop on the info. The track day is both days, so we can take novice applicants on both Saturday and Sunday. The Toys 4 Tots car show is Sunday only. (I guess i will be working both days. Hmmm. Two days on the track instead of one. What a sacrifice.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 PM
idrmofs7

i will be going to this event and trying my hot shoe out on the novice group! should be fun!!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 PM
SoCalTed

Couldn't have said it better myself Eagle... thanks!

-T
Old 10-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Volk350Z
Master

ill be there....
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Eagle1

Awesome IDRMOFS7 and VOLK350Z !
I look forward to seeing you both.

And remember everyone...if you can come Saturday but not Sunday, bring a toy for the kids anyway. We will have a collection carton to put the toys into, and will then secure them overnight to deliver to the Marines on Sunday morning.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:52 AM
ginobetterfly

ill bring toys... i have a sh@tload that are just taking up space..

EDIT: These can be used toys right?? or brand new?
EDIT 2: Nevermind, just read it has to be unwrapped... ok ill buy a toy..

Last edited by ginobetterfly; 10-18-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Eagle1

Gino:
Check the requirements of the Marines Toys 4 Tots program. I think that they have to be new and in their original cartons or packages, unwrapped. However, I do suspect that "like new" story books and such would be ok.

Nevertheless, if you do have used toys to donate, there are many other very fine charity programs collecting toys for the children this holiday, and they may include your own church or temple, and of course the Salvation Army, and many others. It is a wonderful thing to do.

At my office we have created and supported for several years now a program where we "adopt" a family which has a young child in the Head Start program, and buy and wrap/deliver toys for them. Together we cover every single child in the program, and we also cover the siblings for every family. (the families cannot afford toys for any of their kids). It has been one of the most enthusiastically supported and warmly rewarding programs we have ever pursued.

This is "all good" as they say.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I might sign up for Sunday. Hey Paulie, how is this cali speedway track? What degree is the banking on that track?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Eagle1

http://www.nissansportmag.com/downlo...earticles.html

Click on the link for a pdf download of an article that describes how to drive the track. There is also a link to a video so you can see the track from your perspective.

The track is 11 degree banking on the front straight, 14 degree in the Roval, and 3 degree on the back straight.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:20 PM
97supratt

That video is awesome, i'm gonna try to get my suspension finished and corner balanced by then. Hopefully I can make it to this event.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I might track my car otherwise maybe just attend the car show.

Last edited by Ed 718; 10-18-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:30 PM
SoCalTed

^ You can do both!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

The crew and I will be there!!!!
Eagle1, that video was AWESOME.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do i need a helmet to participate in the novice(newbie group) to drive my car on the track?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:13 PM
97supratt

Originally Posted by stylett9
Do i need a helmet to participate in the novice(newbie group) to drive my car on the track?
Yes.

Anyone who races on a track needs a helmet. I might have a extra one for you. Usually they have some to borrow at every track event.

Quick Reply: 12/2/07: Nissan Performance Festival