Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Got my 07 back from Nissan after they hopefully fixed my clutch issue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
VitViper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my 07 back from Nissan after they hopefully fixed my clutch issue...

First thing I noticed when I got in the car... the clutch pedal was a lot lighter and smoother than before... and the clutch engages almost right off the floor instead of well above halfway. Haven't launched it to see if the problem of the pedal sticking to the floor happens again (breaking in the new clutch). Here's what was replaced and what notes the tech left:

12310-JK20C (Flywheel)
30205-JK40A (Clutch/Pressure Plate)
306A1-JK40A (T/O Bearing)
306A2-JK40A (Slave Cylinder)

Notes:
"Checked over and removed trans. Found clutch contaminated with clutch fluid from slave connection to lines + bleeder. Flywheel was burnt from over heating from clutch slipping from contamination. Replaced clutch slave + bleeder line. Also replaced flywheel, clutch, pressure plate."

I also have a repair order, not sure if it's Nissan specific or dealership specific (probably dealership?). Any 07's having this problem should really have it looked at. I'm hopeful this is the last of my clutch problems.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:10 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

KEEP US UPDATED. And take her to the track for some testing!!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:11 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by ZLadie2000
KEEP US UPDATED. And take her to the track for some testing!!
Soon, very soon! Breaking my new clutch in nice... then we'll see how she holds the 7500 rpm revs.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:33 PM
joselito76

Good ,it happen to me some times and I am waiting until happen more often ,so the dealer can take a look .They try once but nothing happen, so they cant diagnostic anything.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 PM
joselito76

Good ,it happen to me some times and I am waiting until happen more often ,so the dealer can take a look .They try once but nothing happen, so they cant diagnostic anything.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:10 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

These 07's w/ clutch issues is scaring me. From the past threads i've read...it'll happen when it's past 5K miles and when driven hard.
Viper....how many miles do you have on your Z when it happened?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by stogey420time
These 07's w/ clutch issues is scaring me. From the past threads i've read...it'll happen when it's past 5K miles and when driven hard.
Viper....how many miles do you have on your Z when it happened?
First time? Just over 2k. Tried to do a burn out and the pedal just went to the floor with the clutch burning. Came right back up when I let off the gas tho. From there it would only come up half way or so at the track (burning clutch smell pretty much every run), til one day it just stuck to the ground at the track (came back up after a little bit of me just rolling down the track at 10 miles an hour lol). That was about 4500 miles. Took it into Nissan around 5500 and duplicated the clutch going to the floor half a dozen times.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 PM
noir06

Did they try to feed you the "abusive driving" line?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by noir06
Did they try to feed you the "abusive driving" line?
Nope. I flat out told the service department I didn't buy a Sentra to get groceries in and they didn't argue that point (agreed with me in fact lol). I demonstrated several 3k-4k launches that caused the pedal to head right to the floor.

Given what they found when they pulled the trans... I was right, there was a problem. And when I picked up the car the vibe I got from them is I had plenty of credibility if any future issues arise. Hopefully no repeats of this issue...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 PM
steven37

when i took my car in for the problem, they only changed the t/o bearing and the slave cylinder. when i got the car back the pressure of the clutch was back to normal but still engages at the same point. do you think my clutch and flywheel are okay since they didnt change it?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by steven37
when i took my car in for the problem, they only changed the t/o bearing and the slave cylinder. when i got the car back the pressure of the clutch was back to normal but still engages at the same point. do you think my clutch and flywheel are okay since they didnt change it?
As long as your pedal is no longer sticking to the floor you should be ok.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Riley07

They replaced the same exact parts on mine...I haven't had another problem since...I suggest anyone with this problem to go out and drive the **** out of the car for a while until the clutch starts to stick and head over to Nissan....If they give you the "Abusive Driving" crap, tell them you bought a sports car for a reason..
Old 08-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Gooey

They gave me the abusive driving crap. Took it to another dealer and they found contamination int he fluid and just replaced the fluid.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 AM
VitViper

The abusive driving crap sounds like ****** at the dealership. WTF is the point of a 350Z if you can't drive it hard, to put groceries in your nonexistent cargo space??

lol
Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 AM
noir06

Originally Posted by VitViper
Nope. I flat out told the service department I didn't buy a Sentra to get groceries in and they didn't argue that point (agreed with me in fact lol). I demonstrated several 3k-4k launches that caused the pedal to head right to the floor.

Given what they found when they pulled the trans... I was right, there was a problem. And when I picked up the car the vibe I got from them is I had plenty of credibility if any future issues arise. Hopefully no repeats of this issue...

Where'd you take it? They sound like good people. I'm hoping Wilsonville because they've taken care of me very well in the past.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:34 PM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Riley07
They replaced the same exact parts on mine...I haven't had another problem since...I suggest anyone with this problem to go out and drive the **** out of the car for a while until the clutch starts to stick and head over to Nissan....If they give you the "Abusive Driving" crap, tell them you bought a sports car for a reason..
aiming to beat on my car like a red headed stepchild, i really hope nissan comes up with a tsb or recall for this before mine gets really bad
Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

yea me too....i got 5k so far...so good *sigh*
Old 08-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Skorch

For me they didn't replace the clutch nor the flywheel. They replaced the slave cylinder, master cylinder and the clutch pedal. Seems to work just fine for now...
Old 08-29-2007, 02:40 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by noir06
Where'd you take it? They sound like good people. I'm hoping Wilsonville because they've taken care of me very well in the past.
Whitnell Nissan in Albany. Took good care of me, took my problem seriously and didn't give me any BS.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Kieran@DrivenDynamics

Hey,

When I took my car in they said it may be the master cylinder. Was this suggested to you as well?

Any chance you could scan your Tech notes/vehicle report. May make it easier on us all to get the proper parts replaced. I can host if needed.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Got my 07 back from Nissan after they hopefully fixed my clutch issue...