Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

If anyone wants to watch an engine pull/turbo install

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 01:56 PM
AParshall04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If anyone wants to watch an engine pull/turbo install

I'm almost ready to yank my engine out of the engine bay, should be out by tonight.

Tomorrow my twin turbo kit is scheduled to arrive and ill be slapping that on as well.

I'm located in Folsom, if any of you guys wanna come out and watch or help or just drink be my guest. Tomorrow night my mom is making fajitas too heh.

As of right now this is what ive done:

Removed hood and bumper

Removed front rims and tires

Changed brake pads (unrelated but whatever)

removed radiator

Removed fans

Removed intake

Removed upper and lower intake manifolds

Changed spark plugs

removed all under panels

probably a lot more stuff i cant think of.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:33 PM
MotoTek

damn parshalls right when i go on vacation.
i could of brought the fd over.
in pennsylvania untill the 21st

how long are you in folsom for?

folsom racing?!?!
TT evo? TT 350! TT FD!

beats those cars we had in high school. haha

Last edited by MotoTek; 08-08-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:29 PM
iNi_REALiZED

I'm really interested in stopping by to watch/help. I'm located in Elk Grove. How long are you going to be working on this? I have work all week =T, and I'm off on the weekends... I get off at 9:30p.m tomorrow, will you still be wrenching? Let me know!

-Steven
Old 08-09-2006, 12:57 AM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by MotoTek
damn parshalls right when i go on vacation.
i could of brought the fd over.
in pennsylvania untill the 21st

how long are you in folsom for?

folsom racing?!?!
TT evo? TT 350! TT FD!

beats those cars we had in high school. haha
Haha, this must be mike! Shoot son, i just read your myspace message - wasnt aware you were on vacation. Unfortunately i'm leaving to go back to school as soon as this turbo is installed, saturday at the latest.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:02 AM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by iNi_REALiZED
I'm really interested in stopping by to watch/help. I'm located in Elk Grove. How long are you going to be working on this? I have work all week =T, and I'm off on the weekends... I get off at 9:30p.m tomorrow, will you still be wrenching? Let me know!

-Steven
Steven feel free to come out. We will be working on this till it's done, should only take 2 more days max (i hope!). A lot of my friends dont get off work till around 9-10 as well. I'd say we get a lot of the work done late night, usually in my garage till about 2am.

This is what i have left to do:
-Release fuel pressure
-Remove fuel line
-Remove 1 bolt so tranny comes away from linkage
-Disconnect Engine from AC condensor
-HOIST THE ENGINE OUT OF THE ENGINE BAY

-Remove headers, install turbo manifolds with turbos on
-Put test pipes in place
-Install PE oil pan
-DROP ENGINE BACK INTO PLACE
-Install 380cc pe injectors
-Install Intercooler up front and run all the tubing
-Install the walbro fuel pump
-Run Wires for boost gauge and Wideband
-Etc

-Reconnect and Reassemble
Old 08-09-2006, 01:04 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Sweet! Good luck bro
Old 08-09-2006, 08:25 AM
iNi_REALiZED

Originally Posted by AParshall04
Steven feel free to come out. We will be working on this till it's done, should only take 2 more days max (i hope!). A lot of my friends dont get off work till around 9-10 as well. I'd say we get a lot of the work done late night, usually in my garage till about 2am.

This is what i have left to do:
-Release fuel pressure
-Remove fuel line
-Remove 1 bolt so tranny comes away from linkage
-Disconnect Engine from AC condensor
-HOIST THE ENGINE OUT OF THE ENGINE BAY

-Remove headers, install turbo manifolds with turbos on
-Put test pipes in place
-Install PE oil pan
-DROP ENGINE BACK INTO PLACE
-Install 380cc pe injectors
-Install Intercooler up front and run all the tubing
-Install the walbro fuel pump
-Run Wires for boost gauge and Wideband
-Etc

-Reconnect and Reassemble
Nice... Can you PM me address please? I'll stop by after work!

-Steven
Old 08-09-2006, 05:13 PM
sokudo9l6

this sounds interesting. I'm from Sac too....maybe we can have a mini meet!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:16 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Hey Alex.. I didn't get your PM before I left to work so I couldn't make it today =T... How far did you get? I saved your cell and addy on my phone, so if you're still working tomorrow I'll for sure come check it out. Just got home from work now.. and don't feel like driving all the way back up to folsom.. Welps.. let me know. My cell is 916-531-2895 just in case anything changes and you won't be working on it tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:29 PM
G352NV

Come on guys hurry up,LOL. This is a 4 hour job for one guy! PICS!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:04 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Originally Posted by G352NV
Come on guys hurry up,LOL. This is a 4 hour job for one guy! PICS!!!

+1 any updates?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:18 AM
AParshall04

Alright so it's 4am and i just left my garage.... I'm BEAT.

We got the engine out of the engine bay and my stupid friend totally flaked on letting us use his engine mount so we have it sitting perfectly between one of my old jeep wheels with the bounts on the rubber on both sides and with a few harnesses holding it up...Pretty ghetto and i hope i didnt F anything up.

Ran into some MAJOR problems.

A. Recieved the kit today and the guy that i bought it from forgot the walbro fuel pump, injectors, and test pipes. He said he'd overnight so probably wont be here till friday.

B. I need to remove 1 bolt from each exhaust outlet on the engine where you mount the manifolds. Basically the new turbo manifolds dont match up the way they should with this bolt on each side sticking out so i need to find a special tool that will let me remove these. I'm basically screwed until i figure that part out.

C. Some bolts were missing so i need to go to ace hardware and get all those squared away.

I really want to just slap these turbos on and get my engine back in as fast as it came out because getting the transmission to line back up with the engine is making me nervous.

Alex

P.S. I got a 4 1/2 foot hookah today from Cobblestone (that baller huge one that has been on their counter for like 2-3 years) and it is soooo amazing. Anyone can come over and smoke as well.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:35 AM
iNi_REALiZED

We got the engine out of the engine bay and my stupid friend totally flaked on letting us use his engine mount so we have it sitting perfectly between one of my old jeep wheels with the bounts on the rubber on both sides and with a few harnesses holding it up...Pretty ghetto and i hope i didnt F anything up.

A. Recieved the kit today and the guy that i bought it from forgot the walbro fuel pump, injectors, and test pipes. He said he'd overnight so probably wont be here till friday.

B. I need to remove 1 bolt from each exhaust outlet on the engine where you mount the manifolds. Basically the new turbo manifolds dont match up the way they should with this bolt on each side sticking out so i need to find a special tool that will let me remove these. I'm basically screwed until i figure that part out.

C. Some bolts were missing so i need to go to ace hardware and get all those squared away.

I really want to just slap these turbos on and get my engine back in as fast as it came out because getting the transmission to line back up with the engine is making me nervous.

Alex

P.S. I got a 4 1/2 foot hookah today from Cobblestone (that baller huge one that has been on their counter for like 2-3 years) and it is soooo amazing. Anyone can come over and smoke as well.
Give me a call when you resume work... Let me know if you need any tools.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:45 AM
20"makavelli

"P.S. I got a 4 1/2 foot hookah today from Cobblestone (that baller huge one that has been on their counter for like 2-3 years) and it is soooo amazing. Anyone can come over and smoke as well."

"I'm located in Folsom, if any of you guys wanna come out and watch or help or just drink be my guest. Tomorrow night my mom is making fajitas too heh."

sounds like you need some friends?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
G352NV

Alex

Sorry bro I cant make it. I have to go to SJ to pick up the Z's new bumper. As for those studs, Just match them up with a socket. Find one thats close. They will come right out.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:38 AM
iNi_REALiZED

How'd it go? Did you guys ever get the motor in? The tranny looked like it was going to be a b*tch to attatch. Oh yeh... sorry I didn't get back to you about the actuators, didn't get a chance to get on the computer until now. UPDATE WITH PICS!
Old 08-11-2006, 12:41 AM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by 20"makavelli
"P.S. I got a 4 1/2 foot hookah today from Cobblestone (that baller huge one that has been on their counter for like 2-3 years) and it is soooo amazing. Anyone can come over and smoke as well."

"I'm located in Folsom, if any of you guys wanna come out and watch or help or just drink be my guest. Tomorrow night my mom is making fajitas too heh."

sounds like you need some friends?
I don't need friends, i'm just being nice. It's always good to have more guys around that know stuff about cars and i dont mind answering questions. I always have plenty of friends in my garage to help me when im doing stuff.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:46 AM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by iNi_REALiZED
How'd it go? Did you guys ever get the motor in? The tranny looked like it was going to be a b*tch to attatch. Oh yeh... sorry I didn't get back to you about the actuators, didn't get a chance to get on the computer until now. UPDATE WITH PICS!
My friend has been taking tons of pics but i havnt uploaded any onto my comp yet unfortunately.

We just packed up earlier at about 1:30 because we weren't making any progress. Basically the engine is sitting in the bay, attached to the transmission now, but we are having a hell of a time getting the tranny to line back up with the engine. We tried adjusting the angle and pushing the engine toward the tranny for about 45 minutes and the gap didnt change much. Im at the point where im almost considering lining the bolts up and bolting it back together....but i dont really want to do that, doesnt seem like such a good idea.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:54 AM
iNi_REALiZED

My friend has been taking tons of pics but i havnt uploaded any onto my comp yet unfortunately.

We just packed up earlier at about 1:30 because we weren't making any progress. Basically the engine is sitting in the bay, attached to the transmission now, but we are having a hell of a time getting the tranny to line back up with the engine. We tried adjusting the angle and pushing the engine toward the tranny for about 45 minutes and the gap didnt change much. Im at the point where im almost considering lining the bolts up and bolting it back together....but i dont really want to do that, doesnt seem like such a good idea.

Yeah... I wouldn't do that.. could ruin some splines. May have to wiggle the tranny around a lil to get everything to line up and for it to slide the rest of the way in. Keep us posted! Give me a call if you need anything.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:00 PM
MyZNeo

Damn, did I miss out on all the fun?

Quick Reply: If anyone wants to watch an engine pull/turbo install