Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Should I get a piggyback? (datalog charts inside)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Kiamo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get a piggyback? (datalog charts inside)

Ok, I have a 2005 (non rev-up) with the following mods: JWT intake, Crawford plenum, DC headers, Helix test pipes (with O2 spacers), UR crank pulley. The last of the mods (headers) was installed 1000 miles ago. The ECU was reset several hundred miles ago.

I got Cipher and logged several runs. Here is an AFR and ignition timing graph. This is full throttle the whole chart through 2nd gear. (I put my foot down a couple hundred RPM before the start of the chart btw)

Is that bad enough that I would see some nice gains from a good tune? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Way lean..Need to richen up your AF from 3400 rpms to 5400 to about 13.5 till 5800rpms then dip to 12.5...the timing as also all over the board..

look into a UTEC man..
Old 04-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Kiamo

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Way lean..Need to richen up your AF from 3400 rpms to 5400 to about 13.5 till 5800rpms then dip to 12.5...the timing as also all over the board..

look into a UTEC man..
If I get one, do I still need another wideband to input in to that unit or can I run without one and just tune it myself using cipher's AF logs?

Also, is there any advantage to the UTEC versus the EU? I like the EU's interface a bit more, but I'm not sure if it does less or what? I heard it can control the cam timing system, which I'm not sure the UTEC can. Thanks for any more input.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Kiamo
If I get one, do I still need another wideband to input in to that unit or can I run without one and just tune it myself using cipher's AF logs?

Also, is there any advantage to the UTEC versus the EU? I like the EU's interface a bit more, but I'm not sure if it does less or what? I heard it can control the cam timing system, which I'm not sure the UTEC can. Thanks for any more input.
The UTEC is much more superior to the EU in the way it controls the engine.This topic is one that has been discussed at great lengths. The UTEc is a simple plug in application,where the EU is not, for starters..
The UTEC can be tuned with or without the addition of its own wideband tuner, however it does simplify tuning to have it..
Old 04-14-2006, 11:18 AM
theking

Listen to the man! Get the UTEC. Without the wideband tuner you'll just be looking at different screens for the info. With the tuner all the info will be in one place synched up.
Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
The UTEC is much more superior to the EU in the way it controls the engine.This topic is one that has been discussed at great lengths. The UTEc is a simple plug in application,where the EU is not, for starters..
The UTEC can be tuned with or without the addition of its own wideband tuner, however it does simplify tuning to have it..