Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Opinions on Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 11:02 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a regular NXT user. I like the stuff. It makes the color of your car very deep for like a day or two.. Zaino still looks better though.. if I had to rate the two in terms of the shine: Zaino is at 100%, NXT 90%.. but for the price, ease of use and off the shelf availability, NXT easily comes out ahead of Zaino.

I've also used Eagle One Nanowax.. It doesn't make the color quite as deep as NXT but it still does a decent job.. lasts about as long too.. One wierd property of Nanowax is you can wax the black plastic parts of you car and it doesn't leave a residue--It does a pretty good job too! I like the packaging and pump on top of the bottle.. very handy and easy to meter out the exact amount you want. Still prefer NXT though...

couple of pics just after waxing with NXT

Old 02-28-2006, 11:13 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow nice redline! i gotta try nxt tech wax.... which is better the paste or the liquid?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Zexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BIG fan of NXT right here. Great price and great product.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
SPM350Z

Received 163 Likes on 97 Posts
Smile

I have used NXT on my 94 Honda Civic(Black) and my wife's 89 Mitsubishi Mighty Max pick up truck(dark blue). It worked REALLY well...definitely covered up a lot of swirl marks and really made them both shine like new(they've both been taken care of really well so they are pretty much dent free and they've been garaged). It definitely was easy on and off and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks it smells great! I actually have used Klasse on my Z twice(PPW) and it worked really well..I also use Klasse on my 03 BMW(Silver). They actually sell it at the BMW dealership(but I've been using it for longer) so I figure it must be well regarded. Both products were easy on and off...I'd actually recommend both of them highly. And I agree Meguiars products definitely rock..I use a lot of their other products including the car wash(shampoo as it says on the bottle)
Old 03-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's an additional question for those of you using Meguiar's NXT wax:

How are you applying the NXT to your vehicle(s)?

I currently do everything by hand using either the applicator supplied or cotton terry detailing towels. I get much better results by using the cotton terry detailing towels.

Then I buff the NXT out with a microfiber towel (meguiar's manufactures a good product).
Old 03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leemik
I'm a regular NXT user. I like the stuff. It makes the color of your car very deep for like a day or two.. Zaino still looks better though.. if I had to rate the two in terms of the shine: Zaino is at 100%, NXT 90%.. but for the price, ease of use and off the shelf availability, NXT easily comes out ahead of Zaino.

I've also used Eagle One Nanowax.. It doesn't make the color quite as deep as NXT but it still does a decent job.. lasts about as long too.. One wierd property of Nanowax is you can wax the black plastic parts of you car and it doesn't leave a residue--It does a pretty good job too! I like the packaging and pump on top of the bottle.. very handy and easy to meter out the exact amount you want. Still prefer NXT though...

couple of pics just after waxing with NXT

damn, i used to use nxt and my car never looked that good. did you hand polish or buff?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i just use the foam applicator it comes with, do two coats, then buff off with microfiber towel.

i waxxed my TE37s too. man.. those spokes in gunmetal really shine nicely.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:15 PM
leemik
!

I apply NXT with a terry applicator pad (not the foam one in the box).. then wipe off with a microfiber cloth... all by hand.. Takes me about 3 hours from start to finish including the wash

here's a couple more pics..
pic of my old stock hood with a fresh coat of NXT:

Old 03-02-2006, 07:18 PM
igetgreens

do u guys use the paste or gel?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:18 PM
igetgreens

Old 03-02-2006, 07:21 PM
leemik
!

Originally Posted by igetgreens
I use the bottle.. the liquid stuff.. I guess that's gel?

here's a pic with Eagle Nanowax (and body kit now LOL)

Old 03-02-2006, 10:20 PM
JDMFairlady21

nice keep it up.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:23 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what would be a good claybar system?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:57 PM
GUMZ201

I apply NXT with a terry applicator pad (not the foam one in the box).. then wipe off with a microfiber cloth... all by hand.. Takes me about 3 hours from start to finish including the wash

here's a couple more pics..
pic of my old stock hood with a fresh coat of NXT:

damn your car is shiny. I too just got a 06 redline and want that shine. can u list what steps you did and products to get your car like that?
Old 03-10-2006, 10:25 PM
-Ryan-

I have been useing Zaino for about 2yrs and It is great stuff but I use to use nxt and I have noticed that Zaino does last longer but nxt is good stuff too
Old 03-14-2006, 08:30 AM
leemik
!

Originally Posted by GUMZ201
damn your car is shiny. I too just got a 06 redline and want that shine. can u list what steps you did and products to get your car like that?
I don't really do anything fancy or use any exotic products..it's all available via Wal-Mart or AutoZone

1. Wash my car using bucket and big sponge.. The soap I'm using what ever is on sale--Sometimes I'll use Dawn if that's all that available :P .. Rinse with high pressure hose.
  2. Dry using a big microfiber cloth..
  3. Apply Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel to tires and plastic wheel wells using a foam applicator... Love this stuff.. stays shiny for weeks..
  4. Use some Meguiars Cleaner Wax on certain areas that have bugs or tar or some stubborn stains.. apply with terry cloth applicator and remove with a microfiber cloth.
  5. Use some Eagle One Nevr-Dull on the exhaust to clean the carbon and intercooler to make a little shiny again.. stuff smells like gasoline LOL.. use a clean old rag and throw it away afterwards.
  6. Hit the black rubber and plastic areas with Eagle One Nanowax. apply with terry cloth applicator and remove with a microfiber cloth..
  7. Apply Meguiars NXT from the top down (highest point to lowest point of car) apply with terry cloth applicator and remove with a microfiber cloth.. I split the car up in sections.. apply to 3 sections, then remove.. I wax everything.. windows/exhaust/rims except for the black rubber and plastic bits..

and that's it.. whole process takes me about 3 hours.. if I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll wipe down the interior with a wet microfiber cloth and apply some Mother's Leather Conditioner to the seats

I go through a lot of microfiber cloths and terry applicators though.. I try not to reuse any..

--mike

Last edited by leemik; 03-14-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:34 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't really do anything fancy or use any exotic products..it's all available via Wal-Mart or AutoZone

1. Wash my car using bucket and big sponge.. The soap I'm using what ever is on sale--Sometimes I'll use Dawn if that's all that available :P .. Rinse with high pressure hose.
  2. Dry using a big microfiber cloth..
  3. Apply Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel to tires and plastic wheel wells using a foam applicator... Love this stuff.. stays shiny for weeks..
  4. Use some Meguiars Cleaner Wax on certain areas that have bugs or tar or some stubborn stains.. apply with terry cloth applicator and remove with a microfiber cloth.
  5. Use some Eagle One Nevr-Dull on the exhaust to clean the carbon and intercooler to make a little shiny again.. stuff smells like gasoline LOL.. use a clean old rag and throw it away afterwards.
  6. Hit the black rubber and plastic areas with Eagle One Nanowax. apply with terry cloth applicator and remove with a microfiber cloth..
  7. Apply Meguiars NXT from the top down (highest point to lowest point of car) apply with terry cloth applicator and remove with a microfiber cloth.. I split the car up in sections.. apply to 3 sections, then remove.. I wax everything.. windows/exhaust/rims excep for the black rubber.plastic bits..

and that's it.. whole process takes me about 3 hours.. if I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll wipe down the interior with a wet microfiber cloth and apply some Mother's Leather Conditioner to the seats

I go through a lot of microfiber cloths and terry applicators though.. I try not to reuse any..

--mike
You do know that Dawn will probably remove all of the wax that you have already applied to your car, right? I use their NXT wash to prevent that. It definitely make a difference.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:37 AM
leemik
!

Originally Posted by teh215
You do know that Dawn will probably remove all of the wax that you have already applied to your car, right? I use their NXT wash to prevent that. It definitely make a difference.
yep.. NXT removes itself pretty much after every application too.. it has mild cleaners in it.. you can't really layer it like Zaino..
Old 03-14-2006, 08:43 AM
JDMFairlady21

well... i always wondered how to wash microfiber towels? i think its a waste of resources to just throw away towels like that... any ideas on how to wash the microfibers and efficiently remove the wax residues?
Old 03-14-2006, 09:19 AM
leemik
!

Originally Posted by JDMFairlady21
well... i always wondered how to wash microfiber towels? i think its a waste of resources to just throw away towels like that... any ideas on how to wash the microfibers and efficiently remove the wax residues?
I just throw them into the washing machine..but when they start to get too worn, they get demoted to exhaust, engine grime or wheel duty.. then into the trash

Quick Reply: Opinions on Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax system?