Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Kinetix SSV dynoed - N/A

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:27 PM
g356gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinetix SSV dynoed - N/A

Well....thought I would try the kinetix in place of the crawford plenum to see if there were any gains. Well, dynoed last night with all the same mods except a change in plenum. Drove the car for a week to let the ecu settle in.
I thought I would see more torque down low with the increased runner length....and I did. I gained between 12-15 ft.lbs between 2000 and 5000 rpm's. The torque leveled off after 5000 rpm's to match the crawford to redline. In the horsepower area....I gained around 5hp through the whole range until 5000 where it again matched the crawford to redline. A/F ratio was slightly richer by about .2 points. I think on a stock motor the ssv would be a great advantage over a completely stock manifold just because I had gains over the crawford. I am very curious about gains with forced induction. Maybe a few guys can contribute some info on their F/I experiences with this manifold.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/...netix0015wm.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/90...ixssv0014zf.jpg

Last edited by g356gear; 09-22-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:40 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sungnamz did a dyno with his Vortech setup. He had about 315RWHP with the Kinetix V4 plenum. With the car still on the dyno, his installer swapped the V4 for the SSV and then redynoed without any tuning or anything else and saw in the neighborhood of 385RWHP. Then weeks later with tuning, he saw around 415RWHP. The bad thing about this is that I have not seen anyone else replicate these numbers or anything close to it. IMO, the SSV provides better gains over just a plenum and, if you are about the looks, this is the engine bay mod of all mods if you can afford it or can stomach the cost of it.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:40 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lots of FI people have started threads on their results already
Old 09-22-2005, 01:49 PM
booger

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
Sungnamz did a dyno with his Vortech setup. He had about 315RWHP with the Kinetix V4 plenum. With the car still on the dyno, his installer swapped the V4 for the SSV and then redynoed without any tuning or anything else and saw in the neighborhood of 385RWHP. Then weeks later with tuning, he saw around 415RWHP. The bad thing about this is that I have not seen anyone else replicate these numbers or anything close to it. IMO, the SSV provides better gains over just a plenum and, if you are about the looks, this is the engine bay mod of all mods if you can afford it or can stomach the cost of it.
This is not true...He wasnt tuned before install and He did have it tuned after the install and the dyno shows that . A 70whp gain with just a plenum is not doable
Old 09-22-2005, 01:55 PM
taurran

From what I've seen with the Vortech Z's with this manifold, they really have had a mediocre tune until they retuned after the manifold install.

I really haven't seen much on this manifold with turbo setups either. I know that Speed Dreams installed the SSV on some Turbonetics G35's, and seemed to believe they were able to gain 25whp with the reflash alone. I'm a bit skeptical of this and would have to see more substantiated claims and some dyno graphs to make me a believer.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
booger

Originally Posted by taurran
From what I've seen with the Vortech Z's with this manifold, they really have had a mediocre tune until they retuned after the manifold install.

I really haven't seen much on this manifold with turbo setups either. I know that Speed Dreams installed the SSV on some Turbonetics G35's, and seemed to believe they were able to gain 25whp with the reflash alone. I'm a bit skeptical of this and would have to see more substantiated claims and some dyno graphs to make me a believer.
Yup..I would like to see a dyno from some one that was tuned real well and then did the install . Any of the dyno's Ive seen , have shown to go a little richer than before install .
Old 09-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Gman2004

Got this from another thread.

Originally Posted by Baptist
Got my TT kit installed last week. Tuning with original plenum yielded 413 bhp and 423 lb/ft of torque @ 8psi

Great.

Then fitted SSV and retuned.

Power 392 bhp and 410 lb/ft of torque @ 8.5psi

I'll get the dyno charts on tomorrow, once i get my scanner working.
Originally Posted by Baptist
Not happy at all. That was with tuning, and even higher boost pressure to try and get it back up. Went APS, and got much better results.
Even with the ambient air temperature being 12 degC higher the next day with the APS plenum tune, it put out 419bhp and 430 lb/ft of torque. Shame we couldnt have done the final dyno (with APS) plenum on the same day as the kinetix. Would have been even higher the difference.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:09 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by booger
This is not true...He wasnt tuned before install and He did have it tuned after the install and the dyno shows that . A 70whp gain with just a plenum is not doable
My bad Bill. Sorry about the misinformation guys. I thought he had tuned with the V4 plenum.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:36 PM
taurran

Meh... too risky for all that money. I'm going with the Iso-thermal spacer.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Barzten1

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
I can vouge for this. Just left SpeedDreams and got new dyno #'s. Here's my dyno sheet. I think SungNamZ got the extra power from going with bigger injectors. I'm happy with this for now. Thanks Ryan @ SpeedDreams!
Attached Thumbnails Kinetix SSV dynoed - N/A-dyno-sheet-402whp.jpg  
Old 09-22-2005, 02:58 PM
theking

What were your original numbers? IMHO your post is worthless without them. Maybe I don't understand your post totally. I apologize if so.
Originally Posted by Barzten1
I can vouge for this. Just left SpeedDreams and got new dyno #'s. Here's my dyno sheet. I think SungNamZ got the extra power from going with bigger injectors. I'm happy with this for now. Thanks Ryan @ SpeedDreams!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:06 PM
captj3

Lets not forget sungnamz's car also had a raised rev limiter and most of his hp gain was 6k - 7k. Most people with FI didn't raise theirs.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:30 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by captj3
Lets not forget sungnamz's car also had a raised rev limiter and most of his hp gain was 6k - 7k. Most people with FI didn't raise theirs.
Yeah, I also forgot about that!!
Old 09-23-2005, 07:40 AM
barthelb
Master

Well, for what its worth the sheet shows a good pull from 6krpms - 6600rpms after that it levels off. So the extra 400 rpms did nothing more.

Originally Posted by captj3