Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS TT + Dyno-Comp = A++++++

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 02:02 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS TT + Dyno-Comp = A++++++

I picked up my car this morning from Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale, AZ, and just completed the 300 mile drive home. This car has really been transformed....I feel like I'm driving a better version of my 2002 Z06, with equal or greater power. Second gear is flat out amazing........I'm still stunned by the brute power the twin snails create. Aside from the much better ACT clutch, the car feels just like stock until you get on it.....then look out.

I jumped the gun yesterday by posted Dyno numbers before Richard had finished tuning the car. The graphs are posted below. This is about 150 HP increase on a bone stock car! I'll be adding the APS plenum and exhaust in the fall when I can get back down to Dyno-Comp. These guys did a superb job installing and tuning my car. I really can't praise them enough. Imagine the best way you would want your car taken care of, and that's exactly how they do it. If you're considering such mods and you're within a reasonable distance from Scottsdale, don't go anywhere else.

Special thanks to Richard Garcia (Dyno-Comp) and Peter (APS) for their knowledge and perserverance, and for putting up with me to get this job done is such fine fashion.
Attached Thumbnails APS TT + Dyno-Comp = A++++++-chart-1.jpg   APS TT + Dyno-Comp = A++++++-chart-2.jpg  

Last edited by ZZtopp; 05-14-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:14 PM
homiusang

Wow very nice #s!!
And I am sure you enjoyed driving up from PhX to Vegas with the twins.
Time to make us a video
Old 05-14-2005, 05:03 PM
arcada

Thumbs up

Congrats.. how long did it take to complete the install ?
Old 05-14-2005, 06:14 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by arcada
Congrats.. how long did it take to complete the install ?

The car was there for about 8 days.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:21 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

+1 they really treat cars right there and spare no expense to do so. I know they also do the most Renntech and RUF stuff up here so they are no strager to quality.

Again I was there in person to see that clean finished product....The IFORGED wheels werent bad either ZZ
Old 05-14-2005, 06:34 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by EnthuZiast
+1 they really treat cars right there and spare no expense to do so. I know they also do the most Renntech and RUF stuff up here so they are no strager to quality.

Again I was there in person to see that clean finished product....The IFORGED wheels werent bad either ZZ
Thanks.....

The car ran perfectly on the drive home, even in some areas where the ambient temp was 107. The oil temp never went above 180, and there was MUCH less heat (almost none) around the shifter/trans tunnel than there was when I first drove the car to Scottsdale. The new clutch obviously operates under less stress than the OEM one.

After getting some gas near Kingman, I jumped back on the freeway, got on it a little, and was at 130 MPH before I even realized it. This thing is SCARY fast, and the car handles the power so well you don't even realize how fast you're going. When the full boost comes on, it's like being shot out of a cannon.

Yeah....that's an amazing Dyno they have. What a great shop.....well worth the drive.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:55 PM
joshbrittain

ZZ- congrats on your new TT, I know you are lovin' it! do you mind sharing the price of installation? how does your A/F look?
Old 05-14-2005, 08:12 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

ZZ- you and I have twin 350z's...they are like long lost twins seperated at birth.. both pikes peak white and twin turboed

you should come out to albuquerque...or we should have a z meet half way between...
i want to check out your ride!!!

congradulations
Old 05-14-2005, 08:44 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

Good numbers!
Old 05-15-2005, 02:37 AM
captj3

ZZTOP were did they put oil cooler for your Z.I have APS TT but I couldn't find a place to mount the cooler.Also which one did you use?
Old 05-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Leo14

That's great that Dyno-Comp did a great job. I live only 12 min away from them....sweet.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:49 AM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Leo they are badd @ss over there. The guy who worked on ZZTOPS cars is also an ASE certified Nissan mechanic!
Old 05-15-2005, 07:57 AM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by EnthuZiast
Leo they are badd @ss over there. The guy who worked on ZZTOPS cars is also an ASE certified Nissan mechanic!
Anyone can get ASE certified if they pay the fees.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers.

Any idea why the boost falls off in the middle of the range there? It looks like you hit 9psi, and then it drops back to 7psi.

Was a boost controller used with this car?
Old 05-15-2005, 10:56 AM
jawbone

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
And pass the tests after they fufill the prerequisites....l
Old 05-15-2005, 11:02 AM
ZZtopp

Really??? Anyone??? You mean that the guys who live under freeway overpasses can get ASE certified if they stop buying wine long enough to pay the fees?

You said "anyone," meaning what, exactly? Are you saying that it means absolutely nothing that the guy who did such a phenomal job installing the kit on my car is Nissan ASE certified? Funny.....the owner of Dyno-Comp thought it meant quite a bit.....but what would he know???? I guess I took my car to the wrong place. Next time I'll check with you first.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:10 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by gq_626
Nice numbers.

Any idea why the boost falls off in the middle of the range there? It looks like you hit 9psi, and then it drops back to 7psi.

Was a boost controller used with this car?
No boost controller, and boost is limited to about 8.5. Not sure why it drops off....perhaps it has to do with the building back pressure from the stock exhaust, which has got to go. You sure can't feel it drop off when driving, though!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:12 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by captj3
ZZTOP were did they put oil cooler for your Z.I have APS TT but I couldn't find a place to mount the cooler.Also which one did you use?
Unless there's one with the kit that I don't know about, no oil cooler.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:18 AM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
Really??? Anyone??? You mean that the guys who live under freeway overpasses can get ASE certified if they stop buying wine long enough to pay the fees?

You said "anyone," meaning what, exactly? Are you saying that it means absolutely nothing that the guy who did such a phenomal job installing the kit on my car is Nissan ASE certified? Funny.....the owner of Dyno-Comp thought it meant quite a bit.....but what would he know???? I guess I took my car to the wrong place. Next time I'll check with you first.
I know two people with automotive repair shops, they just pay a fee and get their ASE kit.

Just did a net search, seems like lots of people agree that ASE is meaningless.

Doesn't matter, as long as they did a great job. Just pointing out that ASE is not really a selling point.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:34 AM
ZZtopp

I know two people with automotive repair shops, they just pay a fee and get their ASE kit.

Just did a net search, seems like lots of people agree that ASE is meaningless.

Doesn't matter, as long as they did a great job. Just pointing out that ASE is not really a selling point.
Fair enough, but according to the owner (Richard), the fact that this guy knew the Nissan product very well, and had "his own tricks" on how to install such a complex system, his being ASE certifed WAS important.

Also, this same installer was also a high end stereo tech as well. Thank goodness, because he had to remove and reinstall a fairly complex sound system amp, Nav interrupt, IPod, etc. that was previously installed right above the fuel pump behind the passenger seat.

The fact that such an obviously knowledgable and talented guy also thinks it's important to be ASE certified must mean something, no?

Quick Reply: APS TT + Dyno-Comp = A++++++