Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Moving to North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 02:21 PM
NJDAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to North Carolina

Just a few questions, I was going to move to Florida but decided to move to NC instead, now can some one tell me an area that is good for buying a house, I am looking for a place that is not in the sticks but not really packed with traffic. My dad lives in Maiden NC near Hickory. How is Charllote? any help would be great. I can spend up to 230,000 on a house.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 AM
mcduck

$230K will buy you a nice size house outside of mainstream Charlotte. Probably in the 2000-2500 square foot range and a short drive from the city.

If you want to stay away from big crowds and still be short distance from Charlotte (30 minutes or less), try Kannapolis, Concord, Mt. Holly, Belmont, Huntersville, or University area. Matthews/Ballantyne, Lake Norman and University are the busiest areas (in that order).
Old 03-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Low J.
Banned

I live in the Raleigh area which is really great if you're married and/or have kids. Great place for a family, not so great to be a bachelor....that would be Charlotte.

Around here though you can live in some nice new subdivisions out in the 'burbs like Holly Springs, Willow Springs, Fuquay Varina and get a lot of house for your dollar. My parents just bought a brand new home out there last month for $160k and it has a 2 car garage, 2400 sq. ft. and 3/4 of an acre. Housing prices are very nice here.

Good decision not going to FL by the way. I lived there over 10 years and moved to NC to escape the incessant heat, droves of old people and tourists, flat roads, low pay, and have not regretted the decision for a second in the almost 6 years I've been here now.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:32 PM
RedShft

i'm in the Concord/University area...near Charlotte, and i think it is a really good place. if you are looking for an investment, there will be a road course being built in the Salisbury/Spencer area soon. im actually thinking about buying some property out that way. Salisbury is also about 40 mins from Charlotte.