Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

got my injen CAI installed, cant feel s**t??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 03:50 PM
bugz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my injen CAI installed, cant feel s**t??

Hi there~

i just installed my injen CAI today, and..... i cant feel anydifferent. especially no sound..!! oh maybe some different, my car is getting a lit slower (rev slower)....??

i think i installed everything in the right place. so, how is ingen cai supposed to sound?? is it " Loud "?? rate from 1~10

I can hardly hear the intake sound, which really disappoint me.

i am thinking maybe my exhaust sound cover the intake's sound, but i am not sure. guys, plz let me know how you feel abt ur injen and how it sounds.

oh, by da way, i washed the filter before install, i accidently rinse it w/ too much oil, does that effect the sound and performance of my intake??
Old 09-05-2004, 03:54 PM
bigern1970

Default Re: got my injen CAI installed, cant feel s**t??

Originally posted by bugz
Hi there~

i just installed my injen CAI today, and..... i cant feel anydifferent. especially no sound..!! oh maybe some different, my car is getting a lit slower (rev slower)....??

i think i installed everything in the right place. so, how is ingen cai supposed to sound?? is it " Loud "?? rate from 1~10

i am thinking maybe my exhaust sound cover the intake's sound, but i am not sure. guys, plz let me know how you feel abt ur injen and how it sounds.

oh, by da way, i washed the filter before install, i accidently rinse it w/ too much oil, does that effect the sound and performance of my intake??

Your not going to hear much the intake is way in front of the car. ...sell it and buy a JWT popcharger.........You will really hear the growl on the the JWT PC
Old 09-05-2004, 04:15 PM
hungster

well it also takes a little for your car to adjust, you will probably gain hp but a small amount, i mean you wont feel a 5hp gain really on something that already has so much more power and torque. I just got a jwt popcharger, it sounds a whole lot louder, im completely stock besides the jwt, and it pulls slightly harder.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:19 PM
zectasy

buy the popcharger!!!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 05:08 PM
lovetoclown

I have the injen CAI. Not any louder, but you can hear the air get sucked in when you mash the gas pedal. I noticed a change when added to an exhaust.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:24 PM
uplz4588

why did you wash the filter? it comes pre-oiled... i can hear my injen's whoosh.... and can feel it when temps are in the 60-70's.... but when 85+ degrees its harder to feel, but overall im happy with my intake
Old 09-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Bill d

Happy with my POP Charger!!!
Attached Thumbnails got my injen CAI installed, cant feel s**t??-dsc00392.jpg  
Old 09-05-2004, 06:48 PM
bugz

God, this become a pop charger board...~~ = = lll

ha ha, i was thinking to get pop charger too, it just happened that i got good deal for injen cai, the deal i cant refused (it's used)

some ppl say injen is loud, but i really can't hear it

any more opinion?? doea those oil really effect dat much...??
Old 09-05-2004, 07:35 PM
zzzya

The area where the Injen really shines is through the middle of the rpms where it is really hard to "feel" the difference. You need to test it on a 1/4 mile strip or on the dyno to see what kind of change you have made.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:44 PM
bugz

how abt sound???

i can barely hear the sound
Old 09-05-2004, 08:58 PM
zzzya

You will not hear much of a difference in sound with just the Injen CAI. With other mods such as HF cat/test pipes and exhaust, the sound difference will amplify. It is very noticable when you have all the intake/exhaust mods and then try the stock air box in place of the Injen CAI.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:20 PM
BKMC

My first mod was the injen intake. It gives it a deeper growl at wide open throttle. It feels like it pulls harder from 4K to redline, but it may be all mental. I like how the filter goes down to the front. no complaints...

Brian
Old 09-06-2004, 02:48 AM
joust75

Default Re: got my injen CAI installed, cant feel s**t??

Originally posted by bugz
Hi there~

Unfortunately you feel no difference because there is no difference.

As Many will tell you , the stock setup is very good as is, If not better than most aftermarket items.

My friend put the Injen on his car and lost HP. Probably just variations of temperature on the day of the dyno but still on most cars an intake will always net you some power.

You should have searched the forums before you bought. It is common knowledge here that the JWT Pop charger is the only intake upgrade that consistently makes power.

Old 09-06-2004, 07:22 AM
mofoz

as many have said your not gonna feel any difference. I got my injen before popchargers were really popular. I liked the filter placement of the injen, and you can hear it outside the car quite easily, but inside the cabin exhaust noises usually cover it up. You really need to gain about 10/15hp to "feel" any real difference. I think the injen looks better as well.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:06 AM
bigern1970

Default Re: Re: got my injen CAI installed, cant feel s**t??

Originally posted by joust75
Unfortunately you feel no difference because there is no difference.

As Many will tell you , the stock setup is very good as is, If not better than most aftermarket items.

My friend put the Injen on his car and lost HP. Probably just variations of temperature on the day of the dyno but still on most cars an intake will always net you some power.

You should have searched the forums before you bought. It is common knowledge here that the JWT Pop charger is the only intake upgrade that consistently makes power.

Um next time tell us somthing we dont know..........dork..........no duh the JWT is better it was said along time ago joust king
Old 09-06-2004, 09:51 AM
zzzya

I don't know what you guys are talking about regarding the JWT popcharger being better. The Injen will produce better gains, it is a better intake hands down. The JWT is popular because its cheap and some have done a good job marketing it. I have yet to see a dyno result that shows the JWT outperforming the Injen. Better yet, take it out on the track or strip where the car is actually moving and you will really be able to tell the Injen is better.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:38 AM
flynnibus
Z Flier

You should hear the sound of the intake at about 4k rpms. You don't hear it as much if you have the windows up.. but just rev the car sitting still and you'll hear it.

As for the JWT being 'proven' better. Whatever.. freaking sheep-mania here. The JWT was always consistantly written off as small to neglible gains.. and one magazine posts 6.5 WHP on the JWT and all of sudden its 'proven' and the sheep moved in force.

All intakes on this car are within the 'neglible' range on our car. Buy based on looks and sound you desire.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Bill d

Originally posted by flynnibus
You should hear the sound of the intake at about 4k rpms. You don't hear it as much if you have the windows up.. but just rev the car sitting still and you'll hear it.

As for the JWT being 'proven' better. Whatever.. freaking sheep-mania here. The JWT was always consistantly written off as small to neglible gains.. and one magazine posts 6.5 WHP on the JWT and all of sudden its 'proven' and the sheep moved in force.

All intakes on this car are within the 'neglible' range on our car. Buy based on looks and sound you desire.

I don't feel i am a sheep at all by buying thr POP Charger. Made my decision based on:

1. sound
2. looks
3. price
4. ease of installation
5. quality of product

Never even considered I would notice or feel 6.5 WHP

Quick Reply: got my injen CAI installed, cant feel s**t??