2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 04:04 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer

Let's just start off from the beginning. A few months ago I ordered Volk Gt-7 wheels, toyo tires, Nismo front end, Nismo rear wing, JP aero sideskirts and rear end which was thru Rollin car customs.

I told him i wanted the body kit and paint perfect and we made arrangements on where to get the car painted. I just moved from Ft. Worth to Oklahoma and he told me of a shop that he always does work with and even told me that a car on cardomain had been done by this shop if i wanted to see pictures. I said that's fine.

Once the body kit came in he told me it would take a week. I said okay and excitedly dropped off my car Sunday with 3,153 miles on it. The whole week I was unable to contact him unless it was PM. Even that took forevor to respond. Friday came and he told me worse case scenerio Sunday. i said okay. Sunday came he called me and told me worse case scenerio Tuesday! frusterated I said fine, just make sure it is PERFECT he said OK. Then Tuesday is here, yet the car isn't done he told me Thrusday for sure I said fine.... (very aggrevated because of lack of comm. I could never get ahold of him when i wanted to, he would just call me on the day it was supposed to be done) Note that i have to drive 3 hours to go pick up the car, so arrangements are required on my end. This continued and i told him that i would just be there that weekend to pick it up. It was FINALLY done on Saturday. i woke up early to go pick it up and 5 minutes before I showed up to do so, Dave told me that the Nismo wing was not installed because he had to send it back for fitment issues. This pissed me off because he never told me about this until just then, WHY???

During this time I had also asked dave for a 3M clear bra, and asked if it was OK to put on a freshly painted bumper and he said if you wait a few days it's ok. So that was done as well....

I eagerly approach my car to find compound ALL OVER IT. I had overspray on my left rear tailight. The sideskirts were BOTH CRACKED and the 3M tape they used was not even attached to the car. It looked like My sidskirts were gonna fall off. Not to mention that there was TRASH IN THE PAINT EVERYWHERE. Basically my car looked like SH*T. The front bumpers paint was still green with the clear bra OVER IT!! OMG!! The clear bra was already pealing at the edges. Fortunately for Dave he had sent his dad to meet me with the car. Mind you I have yet to get inside my car. As i do, i turn it on and find 3,340 miles have been put on it...??

Unfortunately This is where I make my mistake. I have a cahsier's check for the body kit paint and install and the clear bra $1,550. I stupidly gave him the check because I wanted my car back! I don't even know what I was thinking...STUPID ME!!

So I immediately call Dave and he come to meet me. Conveniently where I am at there is a body shop and i take it over there pissed to have them look at it, and they say it is SH*T. Dave comes over. I explain all the things that are wrong with it. He keeps saying how good it looks but we will get it taken care of and i day fine just get it right. I take it home because my husbands dad has been a parts and service mgr forevor and to see what he thought. basically SH*T. I could have done a better job!

This is where the story get going. I just started school and have a job at night so i am unable to go back to Tx to deal with this. Fortunately my husband has his own business and is doing this for me. He left monday morning and found out where the body shop was and went there to meet the installer (Mike)

Mike says that he was paid to paint and slap it on, not try to make it fit... If i want it to fit good, we have to pay more money. He also said that this is the first time that him and Dave have worked together and Dave told me that he takes all his customers here!!!!! Mike also had to pay another guy to come down to his shop to match the DB paint because he couldn't do it himself! WTF!?? He also says he doesn't feel like he made enough money on this deal to do a good job in the first place. Mike also tried to ask dave if he could call the owner because he wanted to ask what i wanted to do with the sideskirts yet Dave told him he couldn't get ahold of us! NO WAY, I can't get ahold of you unless I PM or text message... what can be resolved that way?? nothing..

Now, on Monday, Chris spoke with Dave (OMG) and Dave said he would calll him back after 4:00... Chris called and called and called, left messages, but no call from Dave. Typical. Then he called this morning and still no return. We are trying to get Dave to come meet face to face with us and the paint guy (mike) so no one can lie about anything, because according to dave when i brought this up, everything Mike said to me was a LIE!

I also talked to the 3M clear bra guy (angel) he said he was concerned with putting it on because there where many bubble in the paint and trash. he was also concerned with putting it on because it was painted just a few days before. Dave told him to just put it on and he would deal with me later.

I brought all of these facts to Daves attention which i will post below and he basically said that he isn't lying and my husband and i havea communication problem, SO as i was typing a PM back to DAVE, I called Mike and typed word for word what he said on the phone to me onto the computer.

Now, my complaint with Dave isn't the fact of the parts. he supposedly ordered the new wing, the brackets that didn't come with the sideskirts? and a new left back light.

My concern is the fact that he is ignoring us, when he knows that my husband is in texas and has spoken with everyone involved but Dave. Now, i know that Dave;s wife has cancer, and i pray for him and his family BUT how can you ALWAYS be at the hospital with her and unable to talk EVERYTIME I CALL!??? If you don't have time to take care of business, then why are you doing it?? This takes time. I am not asking for a day, I am asking for 5-10 minutes to talk and set up a face to face meeting with the painter and Dave so no one can lie!!! Yet, Dave has time to cash my check. Dave told me he has spoke with Angel and Mike, so why can't you speak to me or my husband?? We are the ones you should be dealing with!!!

continued......
Old 08-24-2004, 04:08 PM
DBZCat

you have time to cash my check and be online yet you cant call/answer our call?
we have talked to Angel and Mike and they said some interesting things. I'm not even going to get into it, but I KNOW you have been lying and you didn't do what you said. This is ridiculous and you need to fix this NOW. call Chris NOW 817 715 3920.

I emailed this to Dave yesterday. It conveniently seems that every time I PM him, he signs off.... (could be a coincidence)
Old 08-24-2004, 04:09 PM
DBZCat

this is his reply after i left a message on his phone telling him what MIke and Angel told me...

Davids response
This is Davids online sales rep Ryan. I have relayed this message to david and he says you are talking. He did request the following to sent to you

"I will call you tomorrow when i am not in DR's appointments"

I have talked to Angel and Mike and there is LYING going on now?
You have to be kidding me. You and your husband have some communication problems.

Angel: Chris and angel thinks it might have needed to cure longer. Mike thinks I left it 1 more day than it needed. If I have LIED here, it is from lack of information not that I am covering up, get real now.

Mike: Chris and Mike talked and we are fixing the sideskirts crack, we ordered JP brackets we didnt even know were available, and more 3M because not enough was sent. Where have I lied here?

Accusations and finger pointing are not the order of the day here guys. We have not hiden any facts and we have not decieved you in any form. You were given an awesome deal on parts and a better deal on prices. I have told you many times the parts will be fixed.

We all even discussed your statement of overspray on the wheels and how they were never in the same zip code as the Z. Things that are offensive to me and I dont will not tolerate the finger pointing on things you guys no are not true.

We will be talking tomorrow morning and I am very interested in this lying and information you have gained.We now have the following triangle to follow for information and directions

CHRIS And Kat
DAVID ANGEL MIKE MIKE's Dad ME

now we have Chris calling all the above to get information from each person, things are said and possibly missdelivered from one mouth the the next causing a difference of information. In total you have around 22 differnet ways people will be able to communicate right or wrong on your car. Where could this possibly go wrong??

I will be home around 8pm tonite, I will no longer use my personal cell for thiese talks 817 605 3333 is the only way I will recieve anything on this. This is not a personal matter it is business. Do not think i am taking this personal to you and I hope you are doing the same. We are talking about a Car here not a persons life.

You adn Chris need to decide which of you will be talking to me from this point on, I suggest it be you since we have worked together since the begining. There will be no more calling Angel and Mike on this I am representing them and I will be flowing information to them to prevent any further LIES/aka: misrepresentation of facts by your side and mine.

My most upsetting part about this is that I PM'd you and told you parts are on order and we are restoring items as promised. If we had all blown you off, not ordered a thing, and generally not helped I would say bring the fire on me. I cannot move another inch on your car without the right parts...parts JP aero didnt supply/didnt care to mention or really care when I addressed them. If you had gone with a brand that we knew would work, you wouldnt have so many problems.

Chris btw told Angel he holds him not responsible for this, he also told mike the paint matches better than OEM and they agreed the front bumper is not bad. So Please keep in mind this was never a slap bang job.

Dave
Old 08-24-2004, 04:14 PM
DBZCat

This is my reply:

Re: Davids response
Why is it so hard to call? nothing can be done or accomplished by PM's and text messageing. If you have time to talk to "Ryan" about this, then you have time to talk to me. This "relayig" through other people is stupid and unprofessional. YOU NEED TO CALL ME AND WE NEED TO SET UP A MEETING IN PERSON WITH MIKE AND ANGLE AND YOU AND WHOEVER YOU FEEL NEEDS TO BE THERE.

It's funny how you have talked to Mike and angel and all these people yet you don't have any time to call me or Chris when WE are the people you should be dealing with not them. You can't even answer why you are able to call all these people yet have no time for us. I'm not saying I am more important than you Wife, I know she is sick but you always use her as an excuse, and i feel that is very unprofessional. If you are unable to do a job, then why are you doing business?

I only btought up the wheels one time and you answered yet this is the 3rd time you have explained yourself on this, why? I asked once, no where in that message did it say anything about the wheels once you answered it. I have no problems with whatever parts are on order or whatever, that is not what i am complaining about. My complaint is the lack of effort by your part to properly communicate with me and not answer my calls.
THE ONLY WAY THIS IS GOING TO BE RESOLVED IS AN IN PERSONMEETING! BOTTOM LINE.

no communication problem on this end bro. i have spoken with mike and my husband myself and I am not THAT STUPID. communication lacks on your end, I can't get ahold of you and you won't return my phone calls...

I am talking to Mike as I type, and to see what REALLY is going on is to get everyone in person face to face and discuss it.

Mike said these things: (while I was on the phone, so NO COMMUNICATION PROBLEM HERE!!!
I don't feel like I was paid enough on this job to really make the sideskirts and the front end fit well. If you want it too look better I will do that, but it will cost more money.
I only charged $700 for this, why did you tell me $800?
I tried to ask dave to contact the owner to ask about the sideskirts and Dave replied that he couldn't get ahold of us..
Mike also said that you would deal with me later
This is the first time that Dave and I (mike) have worked together.

answer these comments?? Why would Mike say that?

Angel said these things

I was concerned with putting the 3M clear bra on because there were many bubbles and pain imperfection on the bumper. Not to mention he was also concerned with it just being painted, but you told him to go ahead and put it on.
I bet if I asked him how much it was it was under the estimate you gave me.

I also think it is ridiculous that you got payed on this, but whatever, I'm not concerned with that, the fact is you lied and your caught!

Yes, me and My husband agree that angel didn't do anything wrong, BUT he did have those comments and concerns about doing the job in the first place. Mike and Angel did the job you told them to. They didn't do anything wrong. Mike even had to pay another guy to come down and match the paint because he couldn't do it! WOW!

I am not going to relay stuff through you because I can't even get ahold of you. Therefore how can anything be resolved if i can't contact you? Bottom line, I am going to continue to talk to Mike and Angel because you want to be able to continue to lie to me about these things and the truth is coming out by me talking to the other parties involved.

THE ONLY WAY TO SOLVE THIS IS TO MEET IN PERSON AND HAVE MIKE THERE!!!!

I am not going to continue to be lied to, there are several stories floating around and this is the only way to solve it.

If I have to I will report to the BBB, or get a lawyer involved if we are unable to contact you and set up a face to face meeting with Mike. This is the ONLY way, we are not going to have a PM meeting, a text message meeting, or even a phone call meeting. This is in person so everyone is present and everyone hears for themselves what others are saying.

I think it is ridiculous that you are able to call "ryan" and have him type your response when you can't even call me? It is very obvious that you are unwilling to even take a few minutes to call Chris or Me and set up a meeting. AGAIN, you took time to cash the check. I paid you to get a job done and you have my money on this yet, i can't even get you to come meet in person with Mike and Chris and the car and talk about this.

SLAP BANG JOB... hmm, funny Mike said he charged to just paint it and slap it on.... not to try and make it fit right. NICE TRY DAVE!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:17 PM
xxlbeerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf
Old 08-24-2004, 04:20 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would literally be sick!

It seems like the only times I read anything about 350ZForums here it's always somebody having a problem with them. Goes to show you the importance of checking out these vendors carefully before starting a major job or purchase.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:22 PM
DBZCat

Now, I hate to post this. i haven;t posted a single problem with Dave although there has been problems along the way because I was trusting him to get the job done like he said......

BUT I have no choice but to put this and threaten him because He has NOT returned out phone calls and made any attempt to try and meet up with us face to face to resolve Mike's side of the story and Dave's.....

Dave has said he ordered the parts that needed to be ordered, that isn't my complaint or my problem. His unwillingness to try and resolve these matter is unprofessional. He has my money, and My car is SH*T. If I knew that dave took my car to this body shop I would be PISSED. THEY HAD TO HIRE SOMEONE TO MATCH THE PAINT FOR THEM!!

I know Dave will probably respond to this, maybe not. But all he will do is accuse others of this. He will say he isn't lying and my communication skills are bad and stories change from mouth to mouth, BUT NOT THAT MUCH DAVE! I literally typed what Mike said to me onto here while I was on the phone. I am not that stupid.
I have given you plenty of chances and I have told you EXACTLY what I want yet you don't even answer that, you just say I am doing what i am supposed to I don't see the problem here, blah blah blah...

The problem is you took my car to a shop you have never done business with. (This shop is in the worst part of FT. Worth too)
the installer/painter tried to contact me and you told him you couldnt get ahold of me! WHAT? I would think it was a miracle if I actually saw your number on my phone!

I think the bottom line is that you are in a corner because I found out the truth and you are scared to talk to me on the phone or in person.... so you result to having "RYAN" do it, or text message me.... reat communication skills.

THANKS DAVE!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:23 PM
KrazY-2K

Yikes, sorry to hear about that. Gives me seconds thoughts about buying a Vertex kit from them...
Old 08-24-2004, 04:28 PM
DBZCat

Again, I know Dave's wife has cancer, and I understand that. I did not call that much at all, but with what happened, this needs to be taken care of ASAP and EVERYTIME I CALLED you were always at the hospitol, and I'm sorry to say... I don't believe that either..

You not only run 350zforums and IPDG and g35 stuff.. you have a smoothie king and who knows what else. I know you have time to meet me. I know you have time to atleast call me or answer your phone!

you know that Chris is In texas and you know what we want of you, I just don't feel like it will happen until i threaten you, which is sad to say...I know that once you and Mike are together, you won't be able to lie and you are afraid to be in that position...

I gave you plenty of time to redeem yourself and you didn't. This would have saved you alot of grief and time. I spent alot of money with you and you basically took to a place that did a sh*tty job. My car wasn't a "test out" I wanted it PERFECT, and I couldn't have stressed it more to you than I did. You know that! You know that money was no object and i wanted the best shop to do the work and i didn't care how much money. You picked out a great shop!!!

I even feel bad about posting this somewhat because people will read this and you will probably lose business, BUT I don't want ANYONE to have to go through what I am going through with the car... it isn't worth it.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:32 PM
DBZCat

Once Chris gets back from Texas (which he won't leave until he meets with Dave and Mike together in person) I will post pics of the car and what it looked like when i get the pictures back from Chris. But who knows how long that will take.

The only thing I am happy with are my wheels/tires.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:32 PM
FB-350

wow - that was alot of reading....
Old 08-24-2004, 04:58 PM
bobowah

Wow...
Cat sorry about your misfortunes with that vendor.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Moroccan_Mole

wow that sucks. i hope he makes everything right.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:11 PM
yiaquemini

yeah, hang in there
Old 08-24-2004, 06:19 PM
fdao

Whoa!!!! WTF?!!!!!!!

I hope you get this resolve in an amicable manner soon. Best wishes.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

that sucks. hope there's a happy ending to this story....
Old 08-24-2004, 06:38 PM
DrVolkl

Pics?

Old 08-24-2004, 07:10 PM
DBZCat

I have pics of the car. When i saw it I imeediately took pictures cause I knew they would come in handy. I do not have them right now, My husband does and once he gets back from Texas i will post them, but that might be a while until this thing is resolved....

UPDATE: so I am to the point where I don't trust anyone right now that is involved in this deal. I actually got a phone call from Dave, not even 30 min. after this post was made. I saw him sign onto the board and I am sure that this helped move things atleast one step forward. a baby step though.... but I am not the one to say that this or that was the actual reason he called, but he did which is the important thing.

Dave basically said the paint guy told us that he never worked with dave because again he wasn't paid enough and shouldn't have to deal with complaints. Mike said that to us because he didn't want to deal with us and wanted to **** us off.. NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Dave also said that he never told Mike to just put it on, he said do it right and then give us a price. Dave says that he is going to get a meeting together tomorrow with everyone and only then will we know the actual story here. Dave did say that he is pissed at Mike (paint guy) because he did a sh*tty job and lied to us and made Dave look like the jerk. I told Dave there is no way in hell I am letting them touch my car and I want my money back. Why would I EVER take it back there, Dave agreed and said he will never do business with him again. Supposedely Dave has taken his PERSONAL cars to this guy. Like I said before, i don't know what or who to believe. This can go either way and we won't find out who really is lying until the face to face meeting. So until then, I am currently rooting for Dave to come through on this and expect his phone call in the morning to get things moving and get a meeting together. Like I said, unfortunately i am to the point where I don't believe anyone in this deal, and Dave could be saying this to cover his a** and vice versa on Mike's part. I really want to put my trust in Dave and say I am sure he will come through, but that is what got me in this mess the first time. I will further update as I recieve more information. I really hope that Dave comes through and calls tomorrow and sets up a face to face meeting with everyone to resolve the matter...

stressed...
Old 08-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Hammy

omg soo much read :P, hey cat hang in there... I'm sure your car will turn out the way you want it to be...
Old 08-24-2004, 08:51 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Finished, finally!! I just spent 20 mins. finished reading all these. Man, this is **** UP, I know for sure he will not get business from me anymore. Sorry to hear this cat, hope you get everything resolve soon.

Quick Reply: 350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer