Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

PIT Performance 350Z Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 04:01 PM
HorsepowerFreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIT Performance 350Z Exhaust System

Have you guys seen the new 350Z cat back exhaust system yet?

It is a pretty sweet exhaust, 100% mirror polish stainless steel. High flow muffler and a removable silencer. It's also priced very inexpensively. I just took this picture of one.

Here's a sound clip of one on the 350Z.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/sounds/350z exhaust.wma

here's the before and after dyno....

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/imag...2_PIT_350z.jpg

It's a great alternative to the higher priced Apexi N1, Billy Boat, Blitz, Borla, DC Sports, Fujistubo, GReddy, Injen, JIC, RSR, Stillen, Tanabe and Veilside.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:51 PM
MIAPLAYA

Whats the price exactly?
Old 08-02-2004, 05:03 PM
HorsepowerFreak

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
Whats the price exactly?
50% of what the Apexi N1 costs
40% of what the GReddy EVO costs
50% of what the Borla exhaust costs
50% of what most of the Injen exhausts cost
45% of what most of the JIC exhausts cost
etc.
etc.

And I've seen most of these exhaust systems and the quality of the PIT Performance is higher.

The manufacturer is:
http://www.performance-trends.com

For those that haven't purchased an exhaust system yet, this is a great inexpensive way to improve the sound and gain some horsepower.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Wicked4u2c

Whats the price exactly?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50% of what the Apexi N1 costs
40% of what the GReddy EVO costs
50% of what the Borla exhaust costs
50% of what most of the Injen exhausts cost
45% of what most of the JIC exhausts cost
etc.
etc.

And I've seen most of these exhaust systems and the quality of the PIT Performance is higher

I highly doubt the quality is higher than of of some names mentioned above, maybe higher quality than BORLA that's for sure or maybe even INJEN, but not APEXi, GReddy or even JIC. Im glad you didn't mention HKS or else you would really get slapped. Sorry dude you get what you pay for do you even know how these exhaust systems are made? Since your claiming and im only quoting what you said

"And I've seen most of these exhaust systems and the quality of the PIT Performance is higher"

Im sure you must know since claiming something is better than another you must have some facts to prove it? Not just O LOOK BILLY IT MADE 10WHP!? How do you say the workmanship is better by just "looks"? Sometimes that can be deceiving? What kind of metal are they using, do they use robotic tig welding like most japanese companies do that is so precise? Who manufactures those exhaust for them is it In house? or private label from CHINA? If you can answer those questions??
Old 08-02-2004, 05:35 PM
HorsepowerFreak

I highly doubt the quality is higher than of of some names mentioned above, maybe higher quality than BORLA that's for sure or maybe even INJEN, but not APEXi, GReddy or even JIC. Im glad you didn't mention HKS or else you would really get slapped. Sorry dude you get what you pay for do you even know how these exhaust systems are made? Since your claiming and im only quoting what you said

"And I've seen most of these exhaust systems and the quality of the PIT Performance is higher"

Im sure you must know since claiming something is better than another you must have some facts to prove it? Not just O LOOK BILLY IT MADE 10WHP!? How do you say the workmanship is better by just "looks"? Sometimes that can be deceiving? What kind of metal are they using, do they use robotic tig welding like most japanese companies do that is so precise? Who manufactures those exhaust for them is it In house? or private label from CHINA? If you can answer those questions??
Those are very good questions and arguments. I left quite a few points out of my original post.

PIT Performance is actually a subsidiary of Dee Zee motorsports, one of the largest automotive parts businesses in the US. Dee Zee is a Fortune 500 company. Each of the mandral benders used to build these exhaust systems is a mere $1,000,000. The production line for many of their other products is used to build these which includes some of the most expensive CNC machines on the planet.

The reason I can attest to the quality is because I've been selling all of those other exhaust systems mentioned above and many others for years. I have run them in my own personal race cars and have compared them in a number of different ways. Some of the brands mentioned above are better than others. Many of them are aluminized and are not stainless. I also cannot attest the Horsepower gain across exhaust systems as they have not all been formally tested against one another. PIT has stepped up and provided dyno charts, sound clips and has included everything in their kit such as 2 removeable silencers, gaskets, bolts, etc which aren't included in some of the exhaust systems mentioned above.

PIT asked me if I'd be interested in seeing their products when they were in town at the Expo show. I told them maybe I'll come by and see you there. When I didn't, they asked if I could see them the following Monday, I said no, so they waited around until Tuesday and came by in the Morning with their truck full of parts.

I originally thought, great.... I get to waste an hour talking to yet another exhaust company. When I saw the exhaust systems, I was floored by the quality. The systems looked like they paid a bunch of people to polish the metal to a brilliant luster and the welds were so perfect that it was very hard to believe. I asked him if these were production ready and if the production units had the same level of quality. He said they sure do. So we ordered a batch and when I posted a picture on the Eclipse forum, we sold out in 5 days.

These are also featured on Horsepower TV every Saturday and Sunday and are also in Turbo Magazine.

If you have any other questions, feel free to voice them. I'd be happy to reply.

Take care,
Chris.

Last edited by HorsepowerFreak; 08-02-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Wicked4u2c

Thanks for the reply, sure if you can answer my questions I stated above that would be cool?

I'll re quote them here...

What kind of metal are they using?

do they use robotic tig welding like most japanese companies do that is so precise?

How come I haven't heard of this company? Im not saying because I havent heard from them it makes them not a valid company. But I been in this industry for years! and im sure most people have not heard of them? If their quality is like you say it is than they should be ON TOP OF THE GAME, specially if the price is there? Doesn't make sense...?

I'll have more questions for you, I wont bombard you with them now though..
Old 08-02-2004, 08:32 PM
HorsepowerFreak

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
What kind of metal are they using?

do they use robotic tig welding like most japanese companies do that is so precise?

How come I haven't heard of this company? Im not saying because I havent heard from them it makes them not a valid company. But I been in this industry for years! and im sure most people have not heard of them? If their quality is like you say it is than they should be ON TOP OF THE GAME, specially if the price is there? Doesn't make sense...?

I'll have more questions for you, I wont bombard you with them now though..
Yes... they are using T-304 Stainless and robotic tig welding. I would have taken some more closeup pictures of it but one of my employees has my digital camera. I'll post some up tomorrow.

If you haven't heard of PIT Performance, it's because this subsidiary of Dee Zee is very new to the market. Dee Zee however, has been producing parts for trucks for quite some time. Their web-site is www.deezee.com.

PIT Performance is now on HorsepowerTV every weekend at 9am. I'm pretty sure that's when it airs because we get a ton of traffic to our web-site between 9am and noon on Saturday and Sunday. You'll also see their ads in the next Turbo Magazine.

I sponsored my350Z.com and tried to do a Borla Group buy awhile back and there really wasn't any interest (I was offering Borla exhaust systems at nearly W/D pricing). To get no interest at nearly W/D pricing was ridiculous to me. For the price and the quality, Borla just didn't work for people.

With the PIT Performance exhaust systems priced way below the competition (for many different types of vehicles), and with the quality of workmanship, these are a great deal. These also include a full lifetime warranty.

I have seen and helped several new manufacturers enter the market that became very successful once people started buying their products. This is another company that is very promising and will probably far exceed what I've seen before.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:45 PM
G3po

Default group buys

Funny there were a couple Borla TD group buys over the last year and they went relatively well. I've had the Borla for a year now , not nice an "shiny" , cuz I really don't care. They sound fine (deep, not raspy, not too loud and flow well for FI applications). and they were very reasonably priced.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:50 PM
zectasy

so what the **** how much is it????????
Old 08-02-2004, 09:01 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought that looked familiar...

It's a DEAD KNOCK OFF of the Apex N1. Does anyone have ANY creativity anymore?

Only HALF the price of the Apex system eh? You tell me that system RIGHT THERE is only $225??? As I only paid $450 for the Apex???? Not bad!!!

Old 08-02-2004, 09:27 PM
LaPuLaPu

Sounds raspy for my taste but definately a great buy
Old 08-02-2004, 09:30 PM
HorsepowerFreak

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
I thought that looked familiar...

It's a DEAD KNOCK OFF of the Apex N1. Does anyone have ANY creativity anymore?

Only HALF the price of the Apex system eh? You tell me that system RIGHT THERE is only $225??? As I only paid $450 for the Apex???? Not bad!!!

Interesting... Those two systems do look nearly identical, however, I'm assuming that is your stock exhaust next to the N1. If that's the case, both the Apexi and the PIT look nearly identical to the stock exhaust. So both of those companies simply cloned the stock exhaust and it appears they made the piping significantly larger in diameter.

I have no idea how you got the Apexi N1 for the 350Z for $450. MSRP on that Apexi N1 is $1089 and we sell those cheaper than many other on-line retailers at $803. So, my hats of to you for finding that deal.

The PIT Performance exhaust system is temporarily priced at $395 to get them moving. Then it will probably go back to Jobber which is $600. Most of the other ones I mentioned are $800 and above. Even at $600 it's still an awesome deal.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:40 PM
PhoenixINX

The Apex N1 is NOTHING like the stock exhaust.

VERY different design. Without getting into detail, the muffler section is FAR smaller... exiting out to resonated canisters... also the mid-pipe opens to 3" before the muffler.

How is that the same?????

The price you are seeing is the new FULL STAINLESS STEEL version, mine is not. Really no reason for it in TN as we don't see salt which could damage the exhaust over years.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:44 PM
wren57
Banned

3" piping?
Old 08-02-2004, 09:53 PM
PhoenixINX

... did I studder?
Old 08-02-2004, 10:01 PM
moog

So the Apex'i comes w/ a Y-pipe?
Old 08-02-2004, 10:27 PM
kzshin

that exhaust looks like APEX'i N1 knock off
Old 08-02-2004, 10:38 PM
rodH

why is everyone so mad on this thread, wasn't this guy just coming in to show off another cheaper alternative for a Z exhaust?? Not that I am all that interested, because I am sold on the Nismo, but why all the hate??
Old 08-02-2004, 11:08 PM
HorsepowerFreak

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
The Apex N1 is NOTHING like the stock exhaust.

VERY different design. Without getting into detail, the muffler section is FAR smaller... exiting out to resonated canisters... also the mid-pipe opens to 3" before the muffler.

How is that the same?????

The price you are seeing is the new FULL STAINLESS STEEL version, mine is not. Really no reason for it in TN as we don't see salt which could damage the exhaust over years.
Many people are mentioning that the exhaust must be an Apexi knock off. We didn't build the exhaust and cannot therefore say for sure if the N1 design or any part of it was used to derive the PIT exhaust.

Both the Apexi and the PIT exhaust shown in the pictures do model after the stock exhaust. The piping on both is larger and both utilize 3" piping. Both have the same exit and entry points and the piping follows the stock exhaust piping. Mufflers and tips are fairly universal and many of the companies that build exhaust systems purchase the mufflers and tips elsewhere.

The Y pipe looks very similar to the Fugitsubo front pipe.

I think bang for the buck, the PIT Performance exhaust is a pretty good deal. 100% mirror polished stainless steel, Gaskets, bolts, 2 removeable silencers, life-time warranty, makes more power than stock, sounds good.

I wish PIT Performance made exhaust systems for my cars. I put a 4" Titanium Racing exhaust on my Supra which is really just a Titanium canister and stainless exhaust system, but even at my cost it was over $1,000. The exhaust systems for my Viper are over $1,000 as well. If PIT makes ones for these cars they will probably run around $450 which will save the consumer a lot of money.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:17 AM
PoWeRtRiP

is the pit one a cat back system or y pipe back one

Quick Reply: PIT Performance 350Z Exhaust System