2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anniversary edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Bishop_Tx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anniversary edition

All,

I just put my money down on the '05 Anniversary edition 350Z. I will post a digital pic of my deposit slip and order form as soon I can (just for the sceptics).

05 350Z Anniversary edition
305hp
Touring version only
Coupe only
Anniversary Yellow
Anniversary edition 18" wheels

Very limited production numbers (~2000)
Production starts in Dec
First delivery in Feb

My "order" has not actually been placed, but I do have an official order form that has my position secured as the first in line in Austin-Round Rock Tx.

I put my deposit down and signed the pre-order form at Maxwell Round Rock Nissan this morning.

I already sold my 03 350Z Track in Chrome Silver. So now its waiting all over again...just like when the 03s came out.

This is all the info I have at this time. Feel free to contact me if you want to exchange more info -- bishop@austin.rr.com

Chris

Last edited by Bishop_Tx; 06-26-2004 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:49 AM
EnthusiastZ

So, is this "Anniversary Edition" the only Z getting 305hp for 05?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Bishop_Tx

Originally posted by EnthusiastZ
So, is this "Anniversary Edition" the only Z getting 305hp for 05?
From what I was told, yes, it will be the only one.

...also trying to attach my order sheet pic (dont have a website to link it to) but it wont attach....and if I resize it anymore it wont be readable.
Attached Thumbnails Anniversary edition-dsc00031.gif  
Old 06-26-2004, 11:11 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anniversary edition

Originally posted by Bishop_Tx
All,

I just put my money down on the '05 Anniversary edition 350Z. I will post a digital pic of my deposit slip and order form as soon I can (just for the sceptics).

05 350Z Anniversary edition
305hp
Touring version only
Coupe only
Anniversary Yellow
Anniversary edition 18" wheels

Very limited production numbers (~2000)
Production starts in Dec
First delivery in Feb

My "order" has not actually been placed, but I do have an official order form that has my position secured as the first in line in Austin-Round Rock Tx.

I put my deposit down and signed the pre-order form at Maxwell Round Rock Nissan this morning.

I already sold my 03 350Z Track in Chrome Silver. So now its waiting all over again...just like when the 03s came out.

This is all the info I have at this time. Feel free to contact me if you want to exchange more info -- bishop@austin.rr.com

Chris
So umnn where'd you get all this info? I hope it wasn't a dealer BSing you.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:41 AM
sirius

Did they say what MSRP would be on the '05 Anniversary edition. Will Yellow be the only color?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:47 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Anniversary edition

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
So umnn where'd you get all this info? I hope it wasn't a dealer BSing you.
Agreed.

Until we see something from Nissans NNA website, I would say you're looking at:

05 350Z Anniversary edition - plastic decal
305hp - Nismo exhaust and CAI not making 305.
Touring version only - uh huh
Coupe only - okay
Anniversary Yellow - some paint and clear coat
Anniversary edition 18" wheels - LMGT4

Just curious, did you pay a premium for the Anniversary package? Did you pay $4,500 to 5,000+ over a regular touring coupe?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:51 AM
samw1978

Interesting, hope it's not another dealer BS, since Nissan hasn't confirmed anything about it yet...anywayz, keep us posted
Old 06-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Bishop_Tx

Default Re: Re: Re: Anniversary edition

I expect an announcement on http://www.nissannews.com/ soon. - when the 05 Z info comes out.

Pricing is not available yet. They told me there may be other colors than Yellow but they didn't know.

This is all the info I have. I thought I'd share it with this group in case others were interested.

If you want to hear what I've been told directly call Matt or Scotty @ 512-244-8500. I came by the information initially when visiting the Infiniti dealer. They informed me of the HP increase on the Sport edition of the 05 G35 and also mentioned that at the sales training event they had recently come from they were given preliminary info related to changes to the 350 and recommended I check with the folks at Nissan. I did and the above info is what I received. I have since followed through with the order/waiting sheet and deposit.

now I'm wondering why I'm even posting here, with all the jerk critics...not sure where all hfm' hostility comes from. The sceptics and naysayers can keep to themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Chris
Old 06-26-2004, 12:08 PM
hfm

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Anniversary edition

now I'm wondering why I'm even posting here, with all the jerk critics...not sure where all hfm' hostility comes from. The sceptics and naysayers can keep to themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Chris
Hey Chris, sorry if I came across as hostile or a jerk.

When you've been on this board as long as some of us have, you know that there are many dealers out there that will do exactly what I said.

I hope your dealer is on the level and that a 05 Anniversary edition is on the way.

My glass is just half full when it comes to something said by any dealership.

Good luck

Dan
Old 06-26-2004, 12:08 PM
hfm

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anniversary edition

Old 06-26-2004, 12:15 PM
Bishop_Tx

Dan,

Sorry to bite back...and again, I understand the scepticism. That's why I am posting all the information I have and not anything more.

I know Scotty and Dennis Hufmaster (the GM's at the Maxwell Nissan dealerships here in Austin) personally. I bought my 03 Track from Dennis. So I trust them when they tell me they've confirmed the info with their regional and district HQ, and the fact they took the time to write up the order sheet and take my $$$ makes me feel good about the process...

again, I've provided their phone # so you don't have to ping me..and if this sort of thing has a bunch of folks calling their contacts at dealers and at Nissan I figure the information has to come out sooner or later...either way it's a good thing.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:21 PM
hfm

I know Scotty and Dennis Hufmaster (the GM's at the Maxwell Nissan dealerships here in Austin) personally.
Well, that would be good enough for me too. Thanks for your post.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Scourge

Default Yes, It's True.

Aloha Boyz and Girlz!!

As I eluded to in my other post, yes Yellow 35th anniversary cars.

Chris, I'm definitely sympathetic. I try to let people know, and get the same flame fest. (see classifieds).

All too many the board members are too sure of themselves and their knowlege of all things Z, and in hfm's defense, a lot of it is a buncha crap.

Keep it happy folks, dont be hating, there are some kool things on the Z horizon, the yellow anniversary is just one of them.

Cheers!

Charlie

Last edited by Scourge; 06-26-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:44 PM
nitrousoxidex

double post...

Last edited by nitrousoxidex; 06-26-2004 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:48 PM
nitrousoxidex

I wonder what theyre gonna do on the engine...
Old 06-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Silverstone_350

whoa... sweet! now let's just hope that the anniversary badge doesn't become like the Type R badge where people just buy it from autozone or something and slap it on their Z. I don't really see it happening with Z drivers, but you never know with some people... (see the bubble jacket seat covers or the spinners thread)
Old 06-27-2004, 12:22 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Love to see the yellow coming along and Scourge (Charlie), a little skeptism is inherent on Internet posting boards as the amount of BS passed along (as information) is rather heavy when it concerns rumors or information that is not readily publicized
Old 06-27-2004, 06:28 AM
ChinaClipper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anniversary edition

I expect an announcement on http://www.nissannews.com/ soon. - when the 05 Z info comes out.

Pricing is not available yet. They told me there may be other colors than Yellow but they didn't know.

If you want to hear what I've been told directly call Matt or Scotty @ 512-244-8500. I came by the information initially when visiting the Infiniti dealer. They informed me of the HP increase on the Sport edition of the 05 G35 and also mentioned that at the sales training event they had recently come from they were given preliminary info related to changes to the 350 and recommended I check with the folks at Nissan. I did and the above info is what I received. I have since followed through with the order/waiting sheet and deposit.

Chris
Chris is correct. The information has been released to the dealers, but not officially announced. The 305 hp is only on the anniversary cars, which besides yellow, will also come in silver and black ONLY!
HTH.

Quick Reply: Anniversary edition