Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lambo Doors - Does anyone know about this company???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 07:34 AM
mcduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lambo Doors - Does anyone know about this company???

Greetings, all! Looking at Lambo Doors again. I found this link...

http://www.supie.com/index2.html

The company claims to provide you with instructions and contacts to get all the parts you need for a Lambo Door conversion. Estimate for DIY job is approximately $500, which means I could definitely do it before the next show. To buy a pre-fab kit will cost $1800!

My questions...
1 - They have pics of BigBadBlackTrack's 350Z on their site... did they do the kit for his car?

2 - Anyone else buy one of their instruction kits and do the install? If so, how difficult was it? How did it look/work when you were finished?

3 - Anyone think of a good reason not to do this? The instructions are only $30... Real expense appears to be component purchases and time to do the job.

Thanks in advance for your input. I need feedback soon... this project must be completed in the next 6 weeks if I'm going to do it!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Daewoo

MCDUCK - I am with you. My guess is that they give you information to take to a machine shop to have the hinges fabricated. The whole idea of spending $2k for a hinge is silly too me.

Hey maybe we can get 3-4 guys to chip in $5 a piece and take the plundge. I would be willing to spedn $5 to see if this is BS or not. Let me know if you decide to do this. We can split it and copy the info.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:34 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please dont do this to your car. It just aint right . . .especially for a Brick.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:02 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

I've always assumed it's like those ebay scams: "$20 for 123123 inch PLASMA TV!!!!"

(go all the way to hidden, small font message)
"These are only instructions on how to buy a plasma screen TV for $20"

I would just buy a real quit so I don't mess up anything...wait I did! :-) It goes on in 8 days!! WOOHOO!!!!!
Old 06-17-2004, 11:04 AM
mcduck

Well... it was only 35 bucks, so I took the gamble. I have a very talented metal working shop at my disposal and they think they will be able to fabricate most, if not all, of the parts.

I'll let you guys know how the "instructions" look. If they're crap, then I'm out what I would spend on an evening out drinking with the guys. If they're good, then I save over $1000 on what it would cost me to buy a prefab kit.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:44 PM
zzzya

Have you received the information yet? I would be interested in this as well. If it works and your guys are interested in making a few sets then maybe you could get something going on a private group buy. For shows these doors would be pretty sweet to have. If I debadged the Z and had Lambo doors, no one around here would have a freakin clue what my car is As it is they all have to check out the badges to even know its a Nissan.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
ckny

defiantely let us know how it looks mcduck =)
Old 06-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Andy, I SWEAR, I was starting to look into the Lambos myself!!!

I think we share a single brain or something. Just make sure you send it back to me when you are done with it tonight. I have to do surgery in the morning!
Old 06-28-2004, 08:09 AM
kernel

any info yet? Oh hehe bump
Old 06-28-2004, 10:05 AM
mcduck

I think we share a single brain or something. Just make sure you send it back to me when you are done with it tonight. I have to do surgery in the morning!
Hmm... more likely that you're using all of it and I'm using none. Oh, wait... that's only when there's a pretty girl in close proximity...

I'll update everyone when I have more info. If it looks promising, I'll talk to our fabricator about a group buy. Thinking maybe I'll be the guinea pig so we can work out any potential kinks. Then, if all looks well, maybe we can put together some DIY kits.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Daewoo

sounds like a plan!

lets us know. I will be guinea #2!
Old 06-28-2004, 12:29 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

I think it'd be funny if the fabrication ended up being so difficult that your fabricator bumped the total kit price to $1500 :-P
Old 06-28-2004, 03:01 PM
mcduck

$1500 would still be $300-$500 less than the other kits being offerred right now, but I seriously doubt it will cost that much.

The hinge mechanisms aren't that complicated. Still, I won't get too excited until I'm looking at the plans. Not sure where they're coming from but its only been about 7 business days since I placed the order. Hopefully I'll have them in the next week and can let everyone know what we're up against.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:36 PM
alddave

Exclamation

Be real careful with these kits. Basically you can get or make a gullwing/delorian type door or a 90 degree angle door. If you choose a 90 degree angle door you are going to have to modify the inner door panel to clear the A pillar (window pillar) or make the door come out on the hinge to clear the pillar (about 5 inches). I used the GTFactory kit with a lot of mods needed to work including rolling the fenders. The kit is not a simple install as many people say (unless you want it to come up at a sloped angle).
Old 06-28-2004, 04:53 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V

this is the kit i put on my car last week. the guys said it fits better than the carexcess kit they put on another z. $1275.00 on ebay.

note: i did not buy the kit from that seller.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:34 PM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I purchased the carexcess Vertical Door kit and recently had it installed.

The only "glitch" or modification necessary was that we inserted .25inch spacer plates behind the top and bottom mounting flanges that bolt to the chasis. We did this so that we would not have to cut or relocate the wiring to the door. The wiring enters the chasis very near where the hinges attach.

Listen to me, this is a high pressure (because of leverage) mounting apparatus. My advice is DO NOT SCRIMP ON THIS MOD.

Even now that my lambo's are installed, I find myself being extra cautious every time I open and close the doors. I do not want to risk bending or throwing anything out of alignment. The leverage and weight is very high at the door mounting points.

Quality here is more important than you can imagine.

Last edited by JCat; 02-19-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:49 PM
madtreed

Go here: http://www.aspecmotorsports.com They have a direct bolt on kit from vertical doors, its only 1349.00 + Free Shipping thats where i bought mine, Fast shipping too!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the input alddave, EnthuZiastDrive, and jcn30127.

Duck, do you know if the ones you are looking at are the "90 degree" ones that simply slide out and then up or are they the ones that sort of open up at a diagonal path (like 30 degrees or so)?
Old 06-28-2004, 07:40 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

agreed with jcn. i saw a z today where it looks like the owner tried to install it himself. his doors barely open, as the hinges seem to be broken in some manner now. and where he tried to roll the fender himself...it is terrible scratched and just ruined.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:59 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by VandyZ
Please dont do this to your car. It just aint right . . .especially for a Brick.
Adam, I swear you are useless!

Quick Reply: Lambo Doors - Does anyone know about this company???