Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ETX---I am going to initialize my eManage--Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ETX---I am going to initialize my eManage--Help

ETX, I am going to initialize my eManage and re-enter the stock Greddy values. Can you post up the stock tables again (damn search function)? Do I just need to enter the "add injector map" and "airflow" map? Or is there something else than needs to be entered after I initialize the unit.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-18-2004, 07:49 PM
spazpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here are the ones etx posted gq
Attached Thumbnails ETX---I am going to initialize my eManage--Help-greddy-map-1.jpg  
Old 04-18-2004, 07:50 PM
spazpilot

and the second one
Attached Thumbnails ETX---I am going to initialize my eManage--Help-greddy-map-2.jpg  
Old 04-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

sweet! so these are the only two screens I need to touch?
Old 04-18-2004, 08:10 PM
spazpilot

shoot I don't know, not using it. sorry. but those are the only two he posted. be safe with these numbers. I thought they would also be using the a/f chart. I am also pretty sure they used the injector feature just by looking at those two. GQ you might want to drop him a pm.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

They actually add fuel by massaging the MAF, rather than increasing the pulse width of the injectors. This might be it, but I'll wait for ETX to chime in.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:36 AM
etx

The emanage adds fuel by adding duty to the injectors, but pulls fuel by scaling down the map sensor voltage.

Yeah you just need those two tables, that is all that greddy programs into the emanage. You will need to connect the throttle signal to the emanage if you want to use the airflow adjustment map. I'm not using that, no need IMO. Greddy does not use it in this application either.

It is strange your not getting a signal from the emanage for the RPM. Are you getting any other info on the profec from the emanage? Such as injector duty cycle or airflow? If your emanage is not getting an rpm signal you may have problems under boost. It would not add fuel according to the add injector map properly. Make sure the orange light is blinking on the emanage, this means it's talking to the e-01. And be sure the Green light on the emanage is solid green, if not follow the emanage instruction to pull the error code.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Nope..I am getting no signals at all. I am going to pull the carpet and see what the LEDS are indicating. I am a little worried now...
Old 04-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Oh, if the profec was talking to the emanage, woudl I st least see some values in the tables above? mine are all blanked out...except for the boost limiter cut map which matches the one you posted.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I doubled checked, and I am actually getting seeing Airflow as I am driving my car. The voltage will fluctuate so I know that is working. But the injector dury cycle and duration is not displaying any information.

Also, is the input and output airflow voltage supposed to be the same? They are identical...even under boost. Is that correct?
Old 04-19-2004, 11:53 AM
IceY2K1Max

Yes, according to what etx is saying, you don't use the "Airflow Adjustment Map". They should all be "0", so no MAF conditioning is occuring, ie input = output.

Originally posted by gq_model_626
Also, is the input and output airflow voltage supposed to be the same? They are identical...even under boost. Is that correct? [/B]
Old 04-19-2004, 01:24 PM
etx

No actually the Input and output should be different. At idle the emanage should adjust the MAF signal to help the car idle with the larger injectors. Maybe with the emanage locked it will not display some values. I am not sure...

Go to E-Manage > Parameters and look under the injector scaler. It put in 300 for original and 440 for new and the scaler comes out to about .65. Hit confirm and see if the emanage scales the input and output airflow voltage. Try to keep off the boost, this sounds weird to me.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I doubled checked the LED's on the Emanage and they are solid green and flashing orange, so I know it must be getting an RPM signal and talking to the Profec.

My car idles perfectly...so maybe the Profec is locking out some functionality becuase the eManage is locked. Also, I am pretty sure the reason I am not getting an RPM signal is because a wired the brown RPM wire AND I have the USB cable connected, so maybe the Profec is getting confused because it is receiving RPM singals from two different inputs.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by spazpilot
here are the ones etx posted gq

ETX: Take a look at this fuel map. I find this very odd.

Look in the column "600" and follow it down as the MAF voltage increases. Notice how as the voltage increases, the map gets richer, but then suddenly gets leaner, for two cells....then richer again. The same pattern is present at "650". Why would the eManaged be programmed to get leaner at this point..then rich again? This doesnt make any sense to me. I noticed this A/F curve while making WOT runs, and monitoring my wideband. Between 5500-6500, my A/F goes from sub 11:1 to almost 13:1. Of course, I am using 100 octane gas for these little WOT tests...just to me safe.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:40 AM
etx

Well the numbers in those boxes are all relative. It's adding a percentage of fuel, so really it depends on what the ECU is doing as well. This is kind of hard to tune to, but in the end it retains the advanced functions of the ecu. The ECU adds fuel based on load / intake air temp, etc. So because the turbos are adding air, the emanage adds a percentage of fuel. Err, It's hard for me to explain. For example if it's colder outside the ecu naturally adds a little more fuel, then the emanage adds it's percentage ultimately resulting in a lot more fuel than the motor would get if it were warmer out.

That is why the numbers in the map may not make much sence. It's just adding a percentage of fuel, that's not an absolute fuel measure. Say the ECU is opening the fuel injector for 10 ms per rev, the emanage sees 30 in the map so it will add 30%. 10*.30=3 + (plus origonal duty) 10 = 13 ms total
Old 04-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

So if I wanted to add 10% more fuel from 3500rpm-6500rpm, would increase the values by 10% in all the cells for 3500-6500? I just cant see an logical pattern on that map.

If I recall correctly, I think you were the lucky dog that had an unlocked eManage. So I assume you pulled this map down from your eManage...and this is the stock Greddy map. Right?
Old 04-20-2004, 07:50 PM
etx

Originally posted by gq_model_626
If I recall correctly, I think you were the lucky dog that had an unlocked eManage. So I assume you pulled this map down from your eManage...and this is the stock Greddy map. Right?
Yep!

The irratic map values are because of the stock nissan programming. It's one turd on top of another.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:16 PM
IceY2K1Max

Guys, what does "unlocked" mean?

What difference does it make?
Old 04-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

The eManage comes "locked" from Greddy, so you can't access or make changes to the air fuel table. The way we get around this is by initializing the eManage, and then re-entering the values above. Now, you have the stock Greddy map, but could make changes to your heart's content.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:49 PM
IceY2K1Max

Auuuuugh....IC thanks!

Quick Reply: ETX---I am going to initialize my eManage--Help