Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

*Austin meet* Rudy's, 6:30pm, May 22nd (thursday)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Rob Nance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Austin meet* Rudy's, 6:30pm, May 22nd (thursday)

Ok, we're doing it again, so for all those who said they missed the last one and wanted to come, now is your chance!

Time: 6:30pm (or later)
Date: May 22nd, Thursday

We have decided to go with a location that has self seating, so people can show up whenever they can get there.

To get to this Rudy's you just proceed North on 183, exit Duval Rd exit (this is an exit or two after Braker/Balconnes). After exiting, proceed to the underpass and do a U-turn. You'll pass 5 or 6 restaurants, Rudy's is the last one in the series. I will get there a bit early again, and try and find a good spot for parking, so look for the black 350z, I'll be standing out there. Another nice thing about Rudy's is they generally have an officer in the parking lot, so that is optimal for car safety. Hopefully the weather will be nice also, so we can sit outside and keep an eye on the cars.

Girlfriends/wives are welcome, as ar friends and non 350z owners/cars. We are just a bunch of car enthusiasts getting together to talk about cars, and grab a bite to eat, perhaps head out on a cruise afterwards. You can come and stay as long or short as you like, no pressure.

Rob
Old 05-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Rob Nance

http://www.s2000atlanta.com/forums/s...&threadid=1191

S2K guys have already have 3-5 people confirmed coming, so that's excellent. Don't let them outnumber us guys! (hey, I gotta do something to motivate you all!)
Old 05-13-2003, 08:12 PM
DrRick

im there.....
Old 05-14-2003, 04:12 AM
Phrizzer

Default Re: *Austin meet* Rudy's, 6:30pm, May 22nd (thursday)

Originally posted by Rob Nance
Ok, we're doing it again, so for all those who said they missed the last one and wanted to come, now is your chance!

Time: 6:30pm (or later)
Date: May 22nd, Thursday

We have decided to go with a location that has self seating, so people can show up whenever they can get there.

To get to this Rudy's you just proceed North on 183, exit Duval Rd exit (this is an exit or two after Braker/Balconnes). After exiting, proceed to the underpass and do a U-turn. You'll pass 5 or 6 restaurants, Rudy's is the last one in the series.

Rob

OK, I am really going to try and make it to this one. But I'm coming in from Conroe (Houston's version of Round Rock location-wise) so how do I get to 183 from 290? Or just post the address and I can find directions online.

Also, how late are you going to be out there since I may not be able to leave this area until about 5PM...Leaving at 5 puts me in Round Rock about 730 usually, if you guys are gonna leave before 9 or so is there another spot where you go?

Thanks
Old 05-14-2003, 05:41 AM
Rob Nance

Default Re: Re: *Austin meet* Rudy's, 6:30pm, May 22nd (thursday)

Originally posted by Phrizzer
OK, I am really going to try and make it to this one. But I'm coming in from Conroe (Houston's version of Round Rock location-wise) so how do I get to 183 from 290? Or just post the address and I can find directions online.

Also, how late are you going to be out there since I may not be able to leave this area until about 5PM...Leaving at 5 puts me in Round Rock about 730 usually, if you guys are gonna leave before 9 or so is there another spot where you go?

Thanks
It couldn't be easier. You exit US 183, then head North (veer off to the right once you exit). You'll go through a few lights and then 183 starts, you'll see signs pointing you off to the left after the lights. You can't miss it, it's the freeway Then you just cruise up 183, once you see Capital of Texas Highway, Braker Lane, etc, you're close. Exit Duval, hang a u-turn under the bridge, and it's on your right. I spelled it all out for you, but all you do is exit 183 north off 290, exit duval and you're there, lol.

Leaving Conroe at 5 you should get to Rudy's around 8 I would imagine. What do you take, 1488 to 290? You take 45 to 242 or 1488 all the way from Conroe? My parents have lived in The Woodlands since '82, in case you're wondering, I know Conroe pretty well
Old 05-14-2003, 06:21 AM
Anthz

Perfect. See you there.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:17 AM
z_brit

Default I'm In.

See you all there!
Old 05-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Phrizzer

Default Re: Re: Re: *Austin meet* Rudy's, 6:30pm, May 22nd (thursday)

Originally posted by Rob Nance

Leaving Conroe at 5 you should get to Rudy's around 8 I would imagine. What do you take, 1488 to 290? You take 45 to 242 or 1488 all the way from Conroe? My parents have lived in The Woodlands since '82, in case you're wondering, I know Conroe pretty well

Sweet, thanks

I consider the area I live in the Woodlands, but for some reason it has a Conroe address instead of Spring...I lived in south Conroe proper a few months ago and it was about 10 miles north of here still...

I live like a mile down 45 from 242 so I take that (can usually pick up a 3000GT or Firebird for a bit of fun at one of the lights there) to 1488 and then take that in to 290.
1488 has some really great curves in it about 20 minutes outside of Hempstead.

And me making it to the meet is conditional on me getting off of work the following Friday and I won't find out for sure until Monday...
Old 05-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Rob Nance

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: *Austin meet* Rudy's, 6:30pm, May 22nd (thursday)

Originally posted by Phrizzer
Sweet, thanks

I consider the area I live in the Woodlands, but for some reason it has a Conroe address instead of Spring...I lived in south Conroe proper a few months ago and it was about 10 miles north of here still...

I live like a mile down 45 from 242 so I take that (can usually pick up a 3000GT or Firebird for a bit of fun at one of the lights there) to 1488 and then take that in to 290.
1488 has some really great curves in it about 20 minutes outside of Hempstead.

And me making it to the meet is conditional on me getting off of work the following Friday and I won't find out for sure until Monday...
oh man, tell me about it, those turns are great. I was rocketing through some of those the last time I came that way and it was dry/daytime.

Hope it all works out and you get to make it to the meet.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:42 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

I drove back 1488 after visiting some family in Tomball last weekend. Unfortunately, I got stuck behind a Suburban going really slow. On top of that there was a steady stream of cars coming the other way so I couldn't pass him.

Hope you can make it Phrizzer.

JD
Old 05-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by articfury
I drove back 1488 after visiting some family in Tomball last weekend. Unfortunately, I got stuck behind a Suburban going really slow. On top of that there was a steady stream of cars coming the other way so I couldn't pass him.

Hope you can make it Phrizzer.

JD
Yeah, even in the Z it can be tricky passing, especially if a few cars are bunched up. I pulled off a 5 car pass on one of the straights last time. I miss my bike. There is no such thing as "no room to pass" on a sportbike, hah.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Chris S

Small world...I grew up in Tomball and graduated from Tomball HS. I also lived in The Woodlands before moving back to Austin.

If I'm in my car, I always take 1488 to/from my parents' home in Decker Prairie.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:44 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Chris,

I knew there was something I liked about you. :P

Hope to see ya at the meet.

JD
Old 05-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by Chris S
Small world...I grew up in Tomball and graduated from Tomball HS. I also lived in The Woodlands before moving back to Austin.

If I'm in my car, I always take 1488 to/from my parents' home in Decker Prairie.
Did you live and work in The Woodlands Chris? If so, guessing you probably worked off Research at one of the tech companies?
Old 05-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Chris S

No, unfortunately I worked around Gunpoint Mall for Star Enterprise, which was a joint venture between Texaco and Saudi Aramco. I left just before they merged w/ Shell's US downstream operations. Ahh, the memories of that commute up and down I-45 every day!
Old 05-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by Chris S
No, unfortunately I worked around Gunpoint Mall for Star Enterprise, which was a joint venture between Texaco and Saudi Aramco. I left just before they merged w/ Shell's US downstream operations. Ahh, the memories of that commute up and down I-45 every day!
Ugh, could have been worse. Forgot the mall..Northline or something? The mall that one wall of it collapsed a few years back, regularly hear gunshots around there.

I bet you miss that commute. hah

I HATE HOUSTON
Old 05-21-2003, 04:18 AM
Phrizzer

Alright, so how many people are definitely planning to attend this?
I got my vacation day approved so I'll be in Austin for the extended weekend, starting Thursday

Rob, is your recent misfortune going to keep you away?

Just noticed that this thread seemed dead for a while and we're nearing the day.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:36 AM
Rob Nance

There are going to be quite a few people, probably 10-15 cars at least. I'm still going to be there, jacked up Z and all
Old 05-21-2003, 07:32 AM
z_brit

I shall be there. Which reminds me, I need to bathe my car.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:04 AM
DrRick

great guys. i invited a some of the G35 guys so i wont be the lone infiniti. see you all there......

Doc

Quick Reply: *Austin meet* Rudy's, 6:30pm, May 22nd (thursday)