Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Alpha Werks Header & Exhaust....

Old 01-28-2005, 11:12 PM
808_FairladyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpha Werks Header & Exhaust....

I was looking through the February issue of Super Street, the one with the 2005 massive buyers guide, and i've seen an Alpha Werks ad stating that they sell a Header & Exhaust system for the 350Z and that it was available for purchise. Can anyone on this board verify this, and if so, where can i get both. Thanx.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:13 AM
metalz

I just got mine today from Alphawerks because I am doing a dyno for them for the board. They hooked me up for free and paid for the install and dyno. Pretty cool guys. I will post the dynos asap. But first I have to take my car in for service before I do the headers and test pipes so they dont harrass me about getting rid of the cats. I know though that there was a post were you could get them from www.avalonracing.net i think. If this is correct then avalon remember me when I need something from you for the plug.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:05 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=96597
Old 01-29-2005, 07:07 AM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by metalz
I just got mine today from Alphawerks because I am doing a dyno for them for the board. They hooked me up for free and paid for the install and dyno. Pretty cool guys. I will post the dynos asap. But first I have to take my car in for service before I do the headers and test pipes so they dont harrass me about getting rid of the cats. I know though that there was a post were you could get them from www.avalonracing.net i think. If this is correct then avalon remember me when I need something from you for the plug.
Didn't someone already dyno these with test pipes and make 11hp?
Old 01-29-2005, 11:56 AM
metalz

Yeah...but I am doing another dyno to see how they do with the headers and the test pipe combo together. I am doing baselines, then header pulls, then header plus testpipe pulls. This way we see the difference the header makes on its own. I will be doing all the dynos the same day and will run all dynos in the same coolant temp range and will not allow a large fan in the front of the car. All this was agreed to by Nexus. At the end of the day I know that the header and test pipes probably wont do 21hp + 11hp but i think I should be in the 20+ hp range on the combo and I will be happy with the 16-18hp out of the header that Super Street got when they tested them.

Dont worry I will post a full page long testimonial on the dyno run and I will take my own pics and videos so that you can get sound also.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:40 PM
808_FairladyZ

I called the company hosting the Alpha Werks products (www.wheelnext.com) and they stated that both exhaust and headers are available for purchise at this time.

As stated:Headers 450.00
Exhaust 750.00

Shipping to Hawaii 250.00
Total: 1450.00

I'll be able to purchise these products in about two weeks so i have two weeks to do research. Are these products worth the cost (Which isn't actully to bad)? What do you guys think? Any and all feed back reguarding this post will be greatly apreciated.

Thanx.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:02 PM
nuttyprof

say what? 450 for the alphawerks headers? no way. avalon racing has them on temporary special price of 675 + 35 shipping. 450 seems way too low. unless they are getting you on the shipping.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:17 PM
808_FairladyZ

Originally posted by nuttyprof
say what? 450 for the alphawerks headers? no way. avalon racing has them on temporary special price of 675 + 35 shipping. 450 seems way too low. unless they are getting you on the shipping.
Hmmm...Thats what their sales rep. had quoted me. Maybe i should look into it more. I wonder if this company is legit. Give them a call and see what they say. If you do, let us know what price was quoted to you.

1 886 937 6398 www.wheelsnext.com
Old 01-29-2005, 11:25 PM
808_FairladyZ

I logged onto the official alpha werks web site (www.alphawerks.com) and they had the headers listed at 1175.00. The exhaust system wasn't available at that site. I think that i should look into these claims.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:45 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally posted by metalz
Yeah...but I am doing another dyno to see how they do with the headers and the test pipe combo together. I am doing baselines, then header pulls, then header plus testpipe pulls. This way we see the difference the header makes on its own. I will be doing all the dynos the same day and will run all dynos in the same coolant temp range and will not allow a large fan in the front of the car. All this was agreed to by Nexus. At the end of the day I know that the header and test pipes probably wont do 21hp + 11hp but i think I should be in the 20+ hp range on the combo and I will be happy with the 16-18hp out of the header that Super Street got when they tested them.

Dont worry I will post a full page long testimonial on the dyno run and I will take my own pics and videos so that you can get sound also.
Hey Metalz:

Let me know when you are going to take it, i'm local here in Miami and would love to see the results in person.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:05 PM
JisNis

Save yourself the time and money and do it right with Crawford headers.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:26 PM
metalz

I did my research on all the headers and I have seen the different stats (dynos here at my350z.com show crawfords did like 12 hp and the dc sports did 10hp. Do the searches here on the site, all you should, you owe it to your car).

Considering what the Alphawerks headers have shown between the Super Street article and the dynos here plus they are giving it to me for free to post here I am saving the money. I have a track model though and I paid 40K plus for my car so if the stuff sucks I am not using it especially because I got it for free.

Anyways, I am making the appointment to see the dealer and asap when it comes back im at the shop.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:49 PM
808_FairladyZ

Im also considering using DC products, but thought that i'd do some research into Alpha Werks. I have about two weeks to do research so i'm open to any and all suggestions. I'm working with a 3000.00 budget trying to get an intake, exhaust, and header combination that will get me good mid to top end power. If i can save some money doing more research then maybe i can put that money into the Greedy body kit that i want. BTW, i'm also in the market for the Greedy body kit.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:29 PM
nuttyprof

3K is more than enough for those things you're talking about.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:23 AM
Nexusindustry

Yeah w/ 3k you can do alot...

AEM Intake --> ~$250 = 5hp
Alphawerks Header --> ~$700 = 17hp
Alphawerks Downpipe --> ~$300 = 11hp
Injen/Greddy Exhaust --> ~$900 = 7hp

Total ~$2150 = cant add up the horsepower but with these mods you can tack on about 25-30hp
Old 01-31-2005, 10:30 AM
350zdanny

Victor,

Can you address www.wheelsnext.com price issue? Thanks.

Dan
Old 01-31-2005, 10:41 AM
Nexusindustry

Originally posted by 350zdanny
Victor,

Can you address www.wheelsnext.com price issue? Thanks.

Dan
I will have my sales department contact them and find out why they quoted that price. If they did they are letting them go for their cost. Maybe they bought too many, but I doubt it. It is probably a sales person that misquoted. Does anyone have the sales person's name?

Victor D.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:20 PM
808_FairladyZ

Originally posted by Nexusindustry
I will have my sales department contact them and find out why they quoted that price. If they did they are letting them go for their cost. Maybe they bought too many, but I doubt it. It is probably a sales person that misquoted. Does anyone have the sales person's name?

Victor D.
Review your PM. Thanx.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Nexusindustry

Originally posted by Nexusindustry

Victor D.

To solve the pricing issue that was misquoted (btw thank you guys for bringing it to my attention).

WheelsNext is a very reputable distributor of ours and we even listed them as distributors in the buyers guide for Super Street. The price was not quoted correctly because the 350Z headers are a brand new part number for WheelsNext and the salesman did not know the price, and he gave you one of the top of this head. In fact, they still do not have the header on their website. If you try to buy them you will see that it is impossible to buy them at that price.

The headers just got in 3 days ago and the only one that has them right now is www.avalonracing.net. He pre-ordered the inventory and so he is being allowed to sell at the discounted price of $675 here to my350z.com. That is the best price that you will ever see on the Alphawerks Headers. In fact they were selling on ebay for $700+$30 for shipping, so consider this the deal of the year and its only January .

Best regards,
Victor D.
Nexus Industry, Inc.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:13 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
Didn't someone already dyno these with test pipes and make 11hp?
Where did you see that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alpha Werks Header & Exhaust....