Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

**Uprev ECU Flash Super Special** 30-Day Money Back Trial Period

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 04:33 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Uprev ECU Flash Super Special** 30-Day Money Back Trial Period

ECU Flash Super Special
We know you'll love it!

We're so confident in the gains and performance of the Uprev Osiris ECU Flash and our Custom Dyno Tuning that we are offering an unheard of special through the end of 2009.

Purchase the Uprev Osiris Pro ECU with Custom Tune and you will receive 30 risk free days to try the ECU flash w/ Custom Tune. Within those 30 Days if you don't feel that the gains are significant enough or for whatever reason you can return your flash and receive a FULL refund. No questions asked!

Flash and Custom Tune

Was $400
NOW $299
and
Custom NA Dyno Tune $395

!Compare to the competition!
!!!We save you over $300!!!

Over the past 6 months Function:TUNED has had the chance to run the Uprev Osiris Pro ECU flash through it paces. All I can say is WOW! This software has really made a HUGE difference in how we go about tuning the Z/G. Without a doubt this is the PREMIERE tuning solution for these cars. Many of you know that we stay on the cutting edge of tuning. We are the first and only company in the country to offer a 12 Month Unlimited Mile Stock Piston and Rod Warranty on FI installs. Previously the UTEC was the default device. Not any more! I'm so confident in the Uprev Osiris ECU flash that the program has been expanded to include this tuning option in our FI warranty.

But that's not all! Many of you are NA and this program actually benefits you even more then FI in many ways!

Prior to the Osiris we were forced to use a "piggy-back" type airflow controller to modify the fuel tables for a smoother Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) under WOT. Modifications to partial throttle Air/Fuels was basically non-existant. These type of devices interupt the signal going into the ECU from the Airflow Meter. It then changes to voltage to "trick" the ECU into changing it fuel output. This type of system works but on newer cars we've found it only work temporarily. With the addition of OEM Wideband Sensors the ECU can now modify the fuel tables to match what it wants to run.

If effect the ECU can "RE-TUNE" itself!

Enter the Uprev Osiris...one of the biggest benefits, both for consistant AFR's and better fuel economy is direct access to the "Traget AFR Tables" (see below). This is the first table the ECU looks to for AFR calculation. The "Main Fuel Table" has been relegated to make only minor base changes.
TUNED Target AFR Table TABLE

Stock AFR Target Table

As you can see we now have direct access to table. Power, smoothness and fuel economy are gained by changing the OEM Targets. The table above shows a custom tune. The table below shows a OEM table.

Even when we have access to the Target tables once a motor is modified significantly there is large changes in airflow. This is where the "Fuel Compensation" Table comes into play.

Stock "Fuel Compensation" Table

Custom Tuned "Fuel Compensation" Table

As you can see the motor needs ALOT more fuel at WOT. In partial throttle areas to the left side of the table there is more smoothness as well as some additional fuel requirements. Generally we are able to gain some fuel economy through this as well as through leaner "AFR Targets". One customer reported a 3 MPG increase on his trip back to VA Beach.

Ignition Timing

Timing is also a area that can gain ALOT of improvement. Nissan designs its timing table for the Worst Case Scenario. Basically they have to design a situation for when someone doesn't maintain their car or puts low octane fuel in the car. Fortunetly for you you take care of your vehicle and always use 93 octane. Although there are other timing maps that operate in the backround the two main maps we deal with are the Low Det Map and High Det Map. As you can see below there are LARGE changes in timing between the Low Det and High Det Maps. We can eliminate much of this difference to make the car run more consistantly.

TUNED Ignition Timing Map

Idle Target and Cam Control

We also have access to many static values like "Idle Targets" and "Cam Control". Only many of the VQ motors we see the idle become unstable as the car begins to age. By bumping idle (even on 04.5 car) we get a nice steady idle.

DTC - Diagnostic Trouble Code

Uprev gives access to the DTC structure so for those of you with test pipes and or other "off-road" use modifications. This allows us to turn off certian codes so that they do not force a CEL.

Throttle Re-tune

The most noticable improvement will come from reprogrammed throttle. This gives you a sharper more responsive throttle.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Z33@SIM

So when you are talking $295 flash meaning a generic tune from other cars with similar mods? The $395 custom tune is base on your specific mods?

Can you also PM a price on install of BC 264 cams +retainer and springs with an Uprev retune? I already have the Osiris Pro Tuner already licensed to me if that makes any difference.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:01 PM
350zfan1

Military discount ..?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:11 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I think what he is saying is that the license fee was $400 and is now $299......add this to the $395 for the tuning and you get your total. To get a tune for you car is now basically $695 instead of $795.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:13 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Z33@SIM
So when you are talking $295 flash meaning a generic tune from other cars with similar mods? The $395 custom tune is base on your specific mods?

Can you also PM a price on install of BC 264 cams +retainer and springs with an Uprev retune? I already have the Osiris Pro Tuner already licensed to me if that makes any difference.
You already paid the license fee.....I was in the same boat. It will only cost you $395 for the tune. Cams are PRICEY. Good luck though.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Dj Xyanyde

I had dave flash and tune my ecu this summer, and the difference was awesome!

I had a bunch of bolt ons, headers, intake, exhaust, plenum and high flow cats. But the ECU flash and the dyno tune made everything work together the way it should. I instantly noticed a difference in how the car reacted and performed. Great price too, I definitely suggest it.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 AM
MDHRZ

Sounds like a good deal. Is the final price $395 or $695? I need a tune BAD.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:30 AM
350zfan1

695$ ... wonder what techno square charges?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:01 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Its $695 total for the Flash Liscence (which puts the Uprev Software on your ECU) and the Custom Dyno Tuning all together.

Technosquare charges $595 for JUST the flash. Dyno tuning is extra and not available unless you're in Cali.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Chen

You need a license for a flash?
Old 11-20-2009, 09:56 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by Chen
You need a license for a flash?
Its a software license for the ECU/VIN. Its just allows us to install the software on your ECU.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Chen

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
Its a software license for the ECU/VIN. Its just allows us to install the software on your ECU.
interesting, is it some sort of anti theft device on the software that won't allow it to be used for another ecu?
Old 11-20-2009, 11:02 AM
vtchang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what kind of licensing management software they use, but 'Anti theft' is exactly what it is for Osiris. It is designed to protect Osiris. It keeps people from replicating the software and reselling it at a cheaper price or straight out steal it.

All licensing management software have bugs and loop holes, just look at Microsoft products. There simply isn't enough interest for 'evil people' to go hack it and make it profitable. I wouldn't be surprised if the code was a simple hashing of the vin and private key, but then again, cryptography in licensing has gone a long way since reg hacks to bypass initialization procedure.

Looks like a great Christmas present though.

Last edited by vtchang; 11-20-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: i can't spell and added cryptography comment
Old 11-20-2009, 12:20 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by Chen
interesting, is it some sort of anti theft device on the software that won't allow it to be used for another ecu?
Basically its just Uprev's way of securing the software to that ECU and Vin. They spent a TON of time developing the software and also continue to maintain new updates. Nissan has a nasty habit of release 4 to 6 different ECU's "ROM" files per year and even more then that depending on model options. Each "ROM" image needs to be dumped and Uprev has to wave their magic magnetic wands over it to make it work with all the new features like on the fly map switching and real time tuning.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Chen

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
Basically its just Uprev's way of securing the software to that ECU and Vin. They spent a TON of time developing the software and also continue to maintain new updates. Nissan has a nasty habit of release 4 to 6 different ECU's "ROM" files per year and even more then that depending on model options. Each "ROM" image needs to be dumped and Uprev has to wave their magic magnetic wands over it to make it work with all the new features like on the fly map switching and real time tuning.
0.o
Edit: Title solved my question

Last edited by Chen; 11-20-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Rooof

Good staff

Thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Driven1
Professional

???